About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Clinical pathologist is a global role that will function to support target and candidate confidence in rationale/mechanism and confidence in safety by providing comprehensive evaluation (verbal and/or written summaries) of clinical pathology endpoints and biomarker strategies. Opportunities exist to represent project team as nonclinical safety lead and representation on issue management teams and biomarker teams, as well as leading investigative/mechanistic research related to clinical pathology findings.
• Involved in the design and comprehensive evaluation of the clinical pathology endpoints in efficacy and safety (exploratory and regulatory) studies
• Develops and implements innovative and efficient biomarker strategies
• Provides DSRD Biomarker representation on project teams and relevant issues management teams to provide scientific guidance on nonclinical and clinical biomarker strategies; provides human risk perspective related to clinical pathology findings in nonclinical studies
• May lead investigations to determine mechanisms for alterations in clinical pathology parameters
• Builds relationships and provide scientific guidance to Biomarker Group scientists
• Aligns across discipline lines (eg; Pathology, Immunotoxicology and General Toxicology) to provide comprehensive safety assessment and biomarker strategies
• Supports external influence by providing representation to external academic, consortium and industry biomarker efforts, which is important to continue to develop, validate, and implement new biomarkers and promote more effective drug development
• Those clinical pathologists that have expertise (board certification) and interest in anatomic pathology may also contribute to safety/efficacy assessment by microscopic examination of tissues
• This position offers the opportunity to actively participate in the drug discovery and development process as the primary non-clinical safety representative to project teams (DSTL)
• DVM/VMD degree or equivalent veterinary degree is required with 4-6 year experience as a clinical pathologist in diagnostic or industry setting. Industry experience is highly preferred. PhD or additional research experience beyond DVM and residency training is desirable
• Board certification in clinical pathology by the ACVP/ECVP or equivalent
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
• PhD, MS or other advanced graduate degree in pathology or a related field, or other board certifications are desirable but not required
• Experience in clinical pathology data interpretation in toxicologic pathology and/or industry setting is highly desirable but not required
Ability to perform complex data analysis, integrating clinical signs and anatomic pathology findings to interpret clinical pathology data.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.