Parkridge Medical Center - Chattanooga, TN Clinical Pharmacist
Shift Details: Full Time Days with Rotating Weekends Parkridge Medical Center
has served the community for nearly 40 years. Over the years, we have built a reputation for advanced technology and compassionate care, making us a hospital of choice for patients seeking quality treatment in the community. From our comprehensive cardiac services program to orthopedics and oncology care at The Sarah Cannon Cancer Center at Parkridge, we are proud to be one of Chattanooga's best hospitals for healing. Parkridge Medical Center was the first hospital in the area to offer robotic surgery, and features the area's most knowledgeable and experienced robotic surgery team. The Parkridge Medical Center Emergency Department is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, making it a natural choice for those suffering from cardiovascular events when every minute matters. Parkridge
is currently looking for a Clinical Pharmacist
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to complete department specific responsibilities.
- Demonstrate knowledge to assess, plan, and evaluate care in coordination with the health care team across the continuum
- Deliver compassionate, holistic care, while supporting the rights and dignity of all customers
- Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and dispenses accordingly.
- Consults with physicians and nursing staff regarding patient reactions, errors and complaints.
- Determines and consults on possible drug interactions.
- Assists in the supervision and training of pharmacy technician personnel.
- Participates in Drug Utilization Review.
- Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and ordering of pharmaceuticals.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Residency or Board Certification Preferred