Clear Lake Regional Medical Center - Webster, TX Infectious Disease Clinical Pharmacist Clear Lake Regional Medical Center
, a 610-bed facility in the heart of Bay Area Houston, was founded in 1972. We are committed to the care and improvement of human life. From fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, we ensure Bay Area residents receive the best available healthcare in their own community. Clear Lake Regional Medical Center
is currently looking for an Infectious Disease Clinical Pharmacist. Job Summary -
The Infectious Diseases Pharmacist is responsible for oversight and management of the antimicrobial stewardship program for Clear Lake Regional Medical Center. Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Qualifications: EDUCATION
- Oversees antimicrobial stewardship program
- Develops and facilitates antimicrobial stewardship efforts and participates in committee meetings as needed
- Provides supporting documentation, "white papers" or other information needed to facilitate P&T Committee preparation as needed
- Ensures provision of education and support with regard to clinical protocol justification, execution and implementation
- Ensures appropriate and safe use of pharmacy technology related to antimicrobials including Vigilanz, Automated Dispensing Technology, IV Pumps and Maximizing Order Entry System
- Develops/maintains antibiograms to improve antibiotic utilization and selection
- Maintains effective communication with facility directors and leadership teams on Antimicrobial Stewardship opportunities
- Assists in development of "best practice" recommendations for all areas of antimicrobial management
- Provides expertise and input to facilities on streamlining or de-escalation of drug therapy, dose optimization, IV to PO conversion, PD and PK dosing, appropriate utilization protocols and drug restrictions
- Assists in preparation and implementation of facility and COE policy and procedures as needed
- Develop and precept student/resident rotations in infectious diseases
- Develops and maintain antimicrobial stewardship section of Pharmacy page
- In coordination with Pharmacy Clinical Manager, assists in preparation and implementation of pharmacy staff competencies related to Antimicrobial Management
- Participates in Division Meetings as requested
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
- Performs other duties as assigned
PharmD from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy required.
Residency Training with ID emphasis or Board Certification strongly
Hospital experience is required. CERTIFICATE/LICENSE
Active pharmacist license in good standing with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy required.
TSBP required ACPE IV certification required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom