Founded in 1901, Riverside Community Hospital
is a 373 licensed bed, full-service acute care hospital in the heart of the Inland Empire. RCH has been recognized as a Top Performing Hospital and has invested in a new campus expansion project that includes a new 7 story patient tower, 3 story medical office building, and a recently completed 5 level state of the art parking garage. With over 500 physicians on staff, representing over 200 specialties and over 1,900 employees, Riverside Community Hospital is an Inland Empire leader in providing advanced, comprehensive health care to the Inland region. RCH houses the largest Emergency Room and Trauma Center in the Inland Empire at 50 beds with an average wait time of only 15 minutes. RCH is one of Riverside County's only STEMI receiving centers and is a fully accredited Chest Pain Center. Centers of Excellence include the HeartCare Institute, offering invasive and non-invasive cardiac procedures, Center of Excellence for Surgical Weight Loss, the Transplant Program and a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Schedule:
1.0, (40 hours per week), Shift:
Evenings, rotating weekends. Position Summary:
Pharmacist will implement the provision of pharmacy services. These activities include the accurate, timely dispensing and preparation of medications; maintaining safe, efficient and effective operations and services that achieve definite outcomes that improve our patients quality of life; and follow the rules and regulations as defined by law and the professional standards set by the American Society of Hospital
Pharmacists.Qualifications: POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Licensure/ Certification/ Registration:
- Must have a valid California license to practice pharmacy.
- Current ACLS certification.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree, or preferably a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited school of pharmacy.
- A minimum of one year of experience in hospital pharmacy practice through an academic training program or hospital pharmacy internship.
- Experience with working with a number of different methods of drug distribution systems.
- Has been previously involved in clinical pharmacy services and able to communicate and teach.
- Has supervised pharmacy technicians.
- Knowledge of JCAHO requirements, Quality Improvement, and Quality Monitoring for Pharmacy Services.
- Special Qualifications:
- Professional standards established by the American Society of Hospital Pharmacists.
- JCAHO Standards for health care organizations.
- Be familiar with all Federal and State laws and regulations of his or her profession.
- Communication skills.
- Establish good rapport and maintain a cooperative working relationship with other employees and physicians, and with other departments of the hospit