Osceola Regional Medical Center
is a Joint Commission accredited, 332-bed full-service hospital featuring state-of-the-art technology and a highly skilled team of physicians and medical professionals. Located in Kissimmee, just minutes away from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana, Osceola Regional Medical Center is committed to providing accessible high-standard health care to our communities.
Nationally recognized as a Top Performer in Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission, 2015 Top Urban Hospital by Leapfrog, designated by the state as a Trauma Center Level II, and being the largest hospital in Osceola County, Osceola Regional Medical Center offers a full range of specialized health care services such as the Heart and Vascular Institute, Advanced Primary Stroke Center, Certified Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI), Pediatric Emergency Room, Pediatric Inpatient and Intensive Care Units, the Baby Suites birthing unit with Neonatology Intensive Care Unit Level II, Orthopedic & Spine Center, Behavioral Health Center with Outpatient Services and a freestanding Emergency Department in Hunter's Creek which serves South Orlando.
Osceola Regional's commitment for quality and growth is evident as their parent company, HCA, and the University of Central Florida College of Medicine has announced a graduate education consortium which will increase the number of residencies and fellowship at Osceola Regional Medical Center and throughout the state of Florida. POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the supervision of the Director, the pharmacist ensures the prompt and accurate delivery of medications to patients of all ages, employees, and designated areas of the hospital in accordance with the pharmacy laws of the State of Florida and the policy and procedures of the department of Pharmacy. Physician orders and patient medication profiles are reviewed, processed, and checked. Drug information is provided to health care professionals and patients to assist in providing an explanation of drug therapy. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews and interprets physician medication orders ensuring appropriate therapy.
- Ensures that the compounding and dispensing of all medications is accurate and timely.
- Always adheres to the distribution policies of the department.
- Consistently demonstrates an ability to keep up with patient workload.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of all policies and procedures concerning the responsibilities of a pharmacist.
- Promotes positive Customer service with internal and external customers.
- Responsible for implementing and participating in the departmental QA program.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the Drug Formulary, assists with pharmacokinetics, and DUE data collection.
- As a member of the pharmacy staff, participates in all dispensing functions of the department as scheduled. Assists other members of the staff in completing nursing unit inspections, crash cart integrity monitoring, inventory management, floor stock distribution, and narcotic distribution and monitoring.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
Current License to practice Pharmacy in the State of Florida EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
One (1) year experience as a hospital pharmacist is preferred
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom