Clinical Pharmacology Associate Scientist, Early Clinical DevelopmentAstraZeneca
is dedicated to discovering, developing, and delivering innovative, meaningful medicines and other healthcare solutions that help enrich the life of patients, as well as their families and communities. At AstraZeneca Oncology, our vision is redefining cancer, redefining our solutions to cancer and restoring patients' lives.Description:
As the Clinical Pharmacology Associate Scientist, you will work closely with a more senior clinical pharmacology scientist to support clinical pharmacology development program to provide differentiated medicine and the right dose to patients. You will design, conduct, analyse and interpret results from Clinical Pharmacology studies to support decision at a study level.Accountabilities:
- Accountable for expert data integration, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of clinical pharmacology results at the study level (T)
- Jointly accountable with the pharmacometrician for providing a scientific justification for the dose selection (T,D)
- Participation in and accountability for peer review of ongoing activities, reports and presentations (T,D)
- Presentation of Clin Pharm results to internal and external forum
Compliance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) regulations as well as internal/external guidance's (TMinimum Requirements:
- Training in pharmacokinetics and Model-Based Drug Development (T)
- Basic knowledge in pharmacology, drug targets and core disease areas (T,D)
- Entry level with 0-3 years of drug development experience
- Ability to identify, develop and execute clinical pharmacology activities at a project level
- Basic oral and written communication skills
- PhD degree preferred or equivalent (M.Sc./Pharm.D.) with relevant experience required
- Training and experience with PK software (Phoenix, WinNonlin)
- Some training or experience with modeling software and tools within the field of MBDD (e.g. SIMCYP, R, NONMEM) (T)
Next Steps - Apply today!
- is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.