McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Health Solutions delivers industry-leading clinical evidence and expert technology to help payers and providers collaborate for better healthcare outcomes at lower costs. Our solutions reduce unnecessary healthcare utilization while improving outcomes; operationalize complex volume- and value-based payment models; and optimize billing communication between providers, patients and payers. Our solutions are in more than four out of five payers in the country; more than 3,900 hospitals and facilities use our InterQual® evidence-based decision support criteria; and our RelayHealth® financial solutions are used to automate 1.9 billion financial transactions each year.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Clinical Product Manager will define overall product vision for InterQual clinical content products and its delivery vehicles. This individual will leverage market research, as well as client and internal feedback, to define key changes to the InterQual clinical content that will ensure our continued or enhanced market leadership position. He/she will design and regularly revise product plans based upon market driven needs. In addition, this person will assure success of the product line, taking corrective action if market need is not being met or financial targets are in jeopardy.
The ideal candidate can clearly communicate consistent information with business users, technical / software engineers, clinical and implementation staff. An understanding of product development and inherent quality in an Agile process is also helpful.
Location: Newton, MA or Remote
Travel: Approximately 25%
- Drive collaboration with Services, Content Development and Marketing teams to develop solution offerings that can be operationally supported and return anticipated margins. Provide input and maintain 18 month rolling product roadmap. Support development of 3-5 year InterQual business plan for clinical content products, including full financial proforma for the plan period. Manage performance against plan, and correct course as needed. 20%
- Drive increased market penetration and revenue, demonstrating growth appropriate to market segment for InterQual solution suite. Work with Sales and alliance partners to define appropriate distribution strategies, including direct and channel approaches. 15%
- Target markets for growth (i.e. employers, TPAs, etc.), identifying market size, competition and go-to-market strategy. Such planning will be performed in collaboration with product marketing, product design and the business planning team. 10%
- Lead effort to create the conceptual design for proposed product enhancements and work with the clinical and software development design teams to prototype the design as needed and market test it if appropriate. 10%
- Serve as market expert and product champion throughout all levels of the organization and to the external market, including clients, prospects, analysts and industry organizations. 10%
- Work collaboratively with other Product Managers within Decision Management, as well as throughout McKesson Health solutions and McKesson-wide to ensure market-driven software plans for InterQual, including enhancements to Review Manager, Clear Coverage, breakthrough strategies for next-generation content solutions, and enhanced integration strategies for third-party support. Also, support all deliverables in the book medium. 10%
- Serve as resource for Client Services, Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Training, Customer Support and Consulting Services to answer product-specific questions and present overall market solutions. Conducts demos and/or attends sales calls and conferences as necessary. Maintain product log on all inquiries or recommendations, which may impact future editions of product. 20%
5+ years of experience in product management.
Must be a licensed clinician (i.e. RN, Case or Care Management experience).
Additional Knowledge & Skills
The preferred candidate will have healthcare technology experience with hospital and/or payer solutions.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate through PowerPoint presentations. Must possess strong computer application skills and logical thinking around workflow applications. Must be customer focused and able to create visible value. Prior experience in building business plans and working with finance and sales to develop defensible growth plans is desired. Thorough knowledge of company's products; ability to collect and analyze data
Degree in business, public health or healthcare administration is desired. Nursing or clinical degree preferred. MBA preferred in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent experience
IQCI and/or Pragmatic Marketing certification is also desirable.
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.