Research Medical Center - Kansas City, MO Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life . Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, Research Medical Center embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients' health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties.
Are you looking for a place to make a difference with a healthcare system that offers the best resources to not only the community, but also its employees? Apply here today! About Research Medical Center
Research Medical Center has served Kansas City and the surrounding area since 1886-and those years have allowed the 590-bed facility to put down meaningful roots in a community that depends on its acute and outpatient medical care services.
The hospital, which offers medical and health clinic services across three Kansas City locations, including the main campus on Meyer Boulevard, the Research Medical Center Brookside Campus on Rockhill Road and Research Psychiatric Center, a Campus of Research Medical Center on 63rd Street. Research Medical Center features a broad range of highly specialized, state-of-the-art services including a Level I Trauma Center; Cycle IV Chest Pain Center; Neuroscience Institute; Level 1 TCD-designated Stroke Center and the region's first Accredited Primary Stroke Center; TIA Clinic; Grossman Burn Center; Liver and Pancreas Institute of Kansas City; the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Research Medical Center; Obstetrics; Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; Transplant Institute; and Orthopedics, among others.
Although Research Medical Center receives awards and prestigious recognition from The Joint Commission, the American Heart Association and other high-profile organizations, we don't rest on them-instead, our team members put excellence into action.
Research Medical Center, as part of HCA MidAmerica, does much more than just make an impact on patient lives and the community it serves. Our culture is founded on HCA's tenets of innovation, high-quality care, mutual respect and collaborative teamwork. Our hospital offers career opportunities that challenge, embrace and transform lives. And the unwavering dedication to deliver world-class healthcare is a two-way street: Research Medical Center is committed to its employees and, in turn, employees are committed to its patients and loved ones. Recently named America's Coolest City . Learn more about living in KC . http://www.thinkkc.com/with/HCAMidwest Learn more about working at Research Medical Center: https://youtu.be/Fw3QzBWqv7s?list=PLk-G53deONPl6I_aLN2MJrZKGABPNCyWo Research Medical Center
is currently looking for a Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist.
This position acts as a liaison between internal and external referral sources, and rehab operations. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist is responsible for establishing relationships with case managers, physicians, payors, and other referral sources. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist will ensure appropriate patient placement through clinical assessments and screening in collaboration with the Rehab Medical Director.
The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist is the primary responsible party focused on the referral and admission process of the rehab program.Qualifications:
Qualifications for Clinical Rehab Specialist : Minimum requirements:
- Licensed Professional in a clinical health care specialty (i.e. RN, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Therapist) or other licensed clinician (PTA or COTA) with 7 years of experience in the care and management of the inpatient rehabilitation patient.
- Current state licensure in clinical practice area or eligible for state license transfer.
- Graduate of an accredited school in clinical specialty.
- Minimum 2 years recent clinical care experience.
- Professional appearance.
- Effective verbal, written and persuasive communication skills.
- Computer and keyboarding skills (25 wpm minimum).
- Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient care.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
- BCLS certification (AHA)
- Pass facility credentialing for Functional Independence Measurement (FIM) within 90 days upon hire, then maintains current certification.
- If RN, CRRN preferred and / or achieve within 2 years of accepting position.
- Clinical experience in the care and management of the Inpatient Rehabilitation patient.
- Experience as a clinical liaison coordinating admissions for inpatient rehabilitation preferred.
- Persistent and persuasive when faced with challenging circumstances.
- Ability to analyze data related to referral opportunities.
- Skilled strategy planning and goal setting.
- Ability to build strong relationships with referral sources while being engaging, accountable and responsive.
- Self-directed with problem solving capability.
- Ability to navigate a medical record for determination of medical necessity for an IRF admission.
- Ability to analyze clinical data looking at diagnosis and comorbidities that will demonstrate the patients' complete medical picture.
- Experienced in speaking in medical terminology with physicians, case managers, therapists about disease states, comorbidities, and patient care.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom