Opportunities in multiple regions including:
Boston, MA area
Mid-West (OH, IN, KY, MI, IL, WI, MN)
West Coast (WA, CA, OR, ID, UT)
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Field Based Clinical Research Associate,
you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
In this role, you will have the local responsibility for the delivery of the studies at allocated centers and are active participants in the local study team(s). You'll work in close collaboration with other Monitors and the Local Study Delivery Team to ensure that quality and quantity commitments are achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
You will also be responsible for the preparation, initiation, monitoring and closure of an agreed number of centres in clinical studies according to AZ Procedural Documents, international guidelines such as ICH and GCP as well as relevant local regulations. Deliver according to the commitment in the individual trials.
If you have longer tenure and experience, we may also encourage you to take on additional responsibilities that include additional tasks associated with Lead CRA, Senior CRA and/or Site Liaison. Minimum Requirements and Preferred Background
Competencies and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline, preferably in life science, or equivalent qualification.
- Fluent knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Excellent knowledge of international guidelines ICH/GCP, basic knowledge of GMP/GDP.
- Good knowledge of relevant local regulations.
- Good medical knowledge in relevant AZ Therapeutic Areas.
- Basic understanding of the drug development process.
- Good understanding of Clinical Study Management including monitoring, study drug handling and data management.
- Ability to travel as required, 50-70%.
Next Steps - Apply today!
- Ability to deliver quality according to the requested standards.
- Ability to work in an environment of remote collaborators.
- Manages change with a positive approach for self, team and the business. Sees change as an opportunity to improve performance and add value to the business.
- Ability to look for and champion more efficient and effective methods/processes of delivering quality clinical trials with reduced budget and in less time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, negotiation, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with conflicting deadlines.
- Good cultural awareness.
- Ability to understand the impact of technology on projects and to use and develop computer skills while making appropriate use of systems/software in an e-enabled environment.
- Team oriented and flexible; ability to respond quickly to shifting demands and opportunities.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law . AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.