McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Connected Care & Analytics enables our customer organizations to improve patient outcomes through better care coordination, collaboration and management – while making sustainable performance improvements that drive financial health. Our expertise in connected care,population health, risk management, healthcare analyticsand demand forecasting can help you deliver care in the right setting and develop and maintain a thriving business, even in our rapidly evolving industry. RelayHealth®, an independent business unit within the McKesson Connected Care & Analytics family, is a key component of this strategy and expertise; enabling the trusted exchange of clinical, financial and administrative information between patients, providers, payers, pharmacies, pharmaceutical manufacturers and government agencies. The net result helps provide: improved care, faster access, lower costs and enhanced bottom lines.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Clinical/Healthcare Content Analyst
The Clinical Analyst, under the direction of Manager-Clinical Rules and Content Development, is responsible for development and execution of McKesson RelayHealth Intelligence clinical analytic projects in alignment with product and content/rule strategy. The Clinical Analyst leads analysis efforts to identify and document business requirements for net new development or enhancements to existing business rules and content. The Clinical Analyst must have a working knowledge of related standards, , products and industry requirements related to regulatory quality and payment programs. responsible for analyzing and ensuring the data inputs and outputs of these solutions are clinically and analytically accurate, logical with actionable information that meets business needs.
The Clinical Analyst will utilize a variety of methods and tools to develop and unit test the rules and content. The Clinical Analyst closes out the cycle by working with the Development Quality Analysts during acceptance and integration testing phase, and with Technical Writers in the creation of user documentation and training of the new or enhanced rule and content. This individual will be involved with releases of McKesson RelayHealth Intelligence business intelligence and analytic solutions.
In this role the Clinical Analyst will work with managers and staff in Development, Product Management, Production Operations and Client Services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze clinical literature, healthcare industry guidelines, including but not limited to national coding standards, Quality Payment Programs and other regulatory programs, coding system updates, and client feedback to provide product content recommendations and support.
- Translates complex source information from regulatory / Quality Payment Programs (QPP) and other technical and clinical specifications into precise rules requirements. Examples include PQRS, Meaningful Use, MSSP ACO, HEDIS, CHIPRA, MIPS, APMs and many others.
- Responsible for the end-to-end process of developing and testing assigned quality measures and methodologies for quality reporting and analyses. The process includes the following tasks:
- Development of rule/content requirements
- Creation of requirements definition document
- Creation of content and rule logic and creation of unit tests to ensure content integrity
- Troubleshooting and resolution of unit test/functional results
- Peer review of proposed content
- Collaboration with Quality Analysts for integration and acceptance testing
- Collaboration with Technical Writers in creation of documentation
- Responsible for identifying the necessary data inputs for the solution as well as analyzing and ensuring the data outputs of these solutions are clinically and analytically accurate, logical with actionable information that meets business needs.
- Participates in creation of internal training and end user documentation related to rules and content in conjunction with solution.
- Collaborate with internal, cross functional teams such as Client Services and Support, Production Operations, Documentation, Software Development, and other departments with internal and external customer education on the analytic content and methodologies via established ticketing process. Serve as Clinical SME for stakeholders, internal and external customers to support product content.
- Responsible for system configurations related to analytic content of Relay Health solutions.
- Performs business and data analysis for enhancement of the analytic components of the software.
- Recommends functional improvements or corrections to McKesson programmers and data managers.
- Participates in implementation of functional enhancements to processing and analysis logic.
- Follows best practices for rule design and content development.
- Works with McKesson product managers, data analysts and developers to design reports and functions that incorporate rule-based results and measures.
- Healthcare Information Technology Experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet project deadlines; adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as both an independent worker and as a team contributor.
- Strong ability to understand Boolean logic statements.
- Problem solving skills; ability to step through logical pathways to confirm expected results.
- Strong business/data analytical skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, presentation/computer skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with various software applications and database tools, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office products MS Word; MS Excel; MS Access; Visio; Outlook, git, SQL, SharePoint, JIRA.
- Research capabilities, writing experience, and knowledge of clinical/facility coding schemes.
- Aptitude for working with McKesson developed applications in support of work objectives.
- SQL proficiency pulling data, querying data and writing queries and understanding relational database concepts
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Basic understanding of software development phases/life cycles
- Knowledge of existing HL7 standards and the evolving Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) standard
- Working knowledge of healthcare quality measures and hospital / physician quality programs for regulatory submission a plus
- Working knowledge or understanding of measure authoring tools desirable. Examples: Value Set Authority Center (VSAC), Measure Authoring Tool (MAT), BONNIE Testing Tool, Clinical Quality Language (CQL) for logic expressions
- Working knowledge of healthcare related coding systems and terminology for interoperability and billing
- Working knowledge of Third party claims processing, Medicare billing
- Significant healthcare knowledge with strong preference to payor/ revenue cycle
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Record and or practice / claims management billing systems.
General Office Demands
2+ years level experience in clinical/healthcare field, computer applications, or business analysis.Education
4-year degree in nursing or healthcare-related field or equivalent experienceBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Job Specifics
Job Family Title: Clin/ Hlthcare Content Anlyst2