HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
The Clinical Staffing analyst is responsible for staffing, floating, calling in and flexing staff for each shift. This position is an independent decision maker regarding the development of daily labor allocation plans and actions to apply the organization's staffing and scheduling policies and any other contractual constraints. The Clinical Analyst works in close collaboration with nursing supervisors and executives to ensure staffing meets requirements/expectations and understands the relationship between staffing to core, minimum, peak and nurse patient ratios. This individual should possess excellent communication skills and a demonstrated track record of delivering results and attaining goals.
- Responsible for the execution of the organizational methodology of labor allocation via staffing of employees
- Responsible for collaborative interfacing with appropriate resources for the creation of daily labor allocation plans, communication of plans to unit and facility leadership and execution of plans at the unit level through the enforcement of the organization's staffing model
- Responsible for following contractual requirements specific to the unit/specialties and/or facility
- Effectively utilizes Full-time, Part-time, PRN, and Contract Labor staff understanding the associated impact on costs, patient care, and employees
- Works with Nursing Supervisors to collaboratively develop action items to facilitate efficient and effective coordination of staffing and patients
- Appropriately prioritize staffing needs and requests when staffing the units
- Monitors real-time/daily/monthly/unit productivity and collaborates with unit leaders in meeting staffing needs and productivity standards
- Works with HealthTrust to fill staffing needs with agency staff
- Validates competencies, experience, and or certification/licensure of staff being scheduled
- Ensures Staffing Grid accuracy
- Mastery of all Information Systems associated with staffing and labor management
- Produces accurate documentation and data entry that reflects the efforts, communications, and processes associated with filling staffing needs
- Strong Communication skills as demonstrated by proactive communications with key customers and the ability to establish realistic expectations and communicate difficult decisions/information
- Registered Nurse preferred with at least 5 years of experience, but will consider equivalent hospital staffing experience
- Experience with hospital staffing preferred
- Experience must support the successful management and execution of nurse and support resources staffing models to specific facilities, units, shifts and specialties.
- Preferred experience in Collective Bargaining environments
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to readily master new software
- Basic computer hardware; printer, key board, copy/scanning equipment, telecommunication devices
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom