Clinical Support Specialist
U.S. Medical Management (USMM), an affiliate of a leading Fortune 250 company, manages a nationwide continuum of premier providers of medical services delivered primarily to the homes of elderly and homebound patients. Providing primary home care is the future of medicine, and at USMM, the future is now. With the knowledge and experience to address the evolution of healthcare, USMM is poised for a phenomenal future. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Clinical Support Specialist handles telephone inquiries from patients, families, other physicians, and other healthcare professionals relative to patient care questions or needs. Professional and efficient management of visitors, telephone calls, clerical duties, and customer service. Responsible for oversight of Home Health Certification, Recertification, census and care plan oversight activities. Renaming and redirection of faxes to the appropriate department to be processed in a timely manner according to company protocol. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Receives inquiries from patient/caregiver in a concerned and professional manner; documents all conversations/actions/outcomes in the patient chart.
- Assesses patient needs and communicates method of resolution via system.
- Communicates medical need for patient visits to Scheduling Department. Reviews patient charts following visits and processes Physician orders through appropriate home health agency and/or vendor.
- Receives critical lab values report from lab and contacts VPA Physician to ascertain follow up action. Notes Physician orders in chart and completes action as directed.
- Documents any complaint from patient or caregiver on designated form and takes immediate corrective action, if possible. Reports, in writing to Supervisor.
- Triage, interpret, archive and rename medical records based on clinical urgency using standardized naming conventions and processes.
- Communicate with all members of the health care team and office staff in the assigned service area.
- erforms routine office tasks necessary for the operation and presentation of a professional office as observed by the Supervisor.
- Promptly, accurately, professionally and courteously receives 100% of all telephone calls and directs and or records and relays messages.
- When on duty, ensures the reception station is staffed 100% of the time.
- Provides on-site coordination of home health documentation. Interacts with Physicians, staff, patients/families, community agencies, etc.
- Coordinates and oversees all direct home health paperwork provided by home health providers.
- Home health coordination to assure referrals and paperwork for home health are properly and timely placed.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Triage on-call and coordinates with Provider and Practice Manager on patient follow up.Completes and submits all required documents and reports in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Physician to ensure all potential Care Plan Oversight and care coordination billable minutes are captured.
- Completes additional tasks outside of the above responsibilities as assigned.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED
- Two years experience in coordination of patient care in office setting, preferably geriatric care.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent organization, communication and time management. The ability to multi task, self-motivate, maintain a professional demeanor and
- Exhibits excellent service behavior to all physicians, VPA staff, patients, caregivers and community vendor agencies during all encounters.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills that promote communication, collaboration, problem resolution, and teamwork.
- Medical/ technical Certification or Practical Nursing License preferred.
- Experience with EMR highly preferred
- Two or more years Customer Service Experience and health care experience preferred.
- Knowledge of USMM practice protocols for maintenance of patient charts, phone calls, customer service questions and other regulations regarding release of information.
- Skill in maintaining department quality assurance and control standards.
- Ability to adapt to new systems as required and apply guidelines/procedures.
- Ability to analyze problems and resolve issues in a rapid, direct, and complete manner.
- Ability to assess importance of inquiry and to assign priority for resolution.
- Skill in teamwork and maintaining relationships with patients, caregivers, and coworkers.
- Knowledge of compliance (including clinical records) of all local, state, and federal laws regarding licensure and certification with Home Health Care compliance standards.
- Familiar with home health care referral criteria and services
- Remains up to date about changes in the field of home health care; shares information with appropriate personnel.
A little about us:
Our mission is to provide high quality, compassionate and cost-effective care to our patients through clinical leadership, outcomes management and maintaining an ethical workplace.