EDC InForm Project Manager
Location: Bedford, MA or Greater Philadelphia area preferred but can also be remote based
Organization Name: Health Sciences Global Business Unit
The Oracle Health Sciences Global Business Unit (HSGBU) is a specialized business unit focused solely on the software and service requirements of the health sciences industry. By delivering software solutions aimed at adding value to Healthcare and life science organizations the HSGBU has the opportunity to be at the forefront of enabling better patient outcomes within the industry.
The Project Manager is part of the global InForm EDC (Electronic Data Capture) Professional Services team that ensures customer satisfaction through effective delivery of our software solutions, professional services, understanding the client's business requirements, guiding their implementation and assisting in the configuration of the various products. The Project Manager's responsibility will extend throughout the project life cycle - analyzing customer requirements, establishing and maintaining project scope, internal team oversight, project financials, facilitating communications and accountability, and to ensure successful system implementation according to the clients' requirements.
Our teams work with cutting edge technologies and interact seamlessly with our industry-expert product management, quality assurance, documentation, and customer support teams in both life sciences and healthcare.
To learn more about our suites, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/life-sciences/037879.htm.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this individual include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Lead software project implementations with particular focus on the delivery of solutions within life sciences industry (Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Devices, CRO's, and Academic & Public Health).
• Primary interfaces with client regarding project status, budget, scope and issues.
• Work with the study team to scope required effort and define timelines.
• Works closely with client and project team to identify and assure delivery against key business.
• Track and communicate project status, plans, issues, timelines, action items, and budgets.
• Responsible for the technical and business quality of engagement work products, solutions, and deliverables.
• Assure process compliance with all regulatory procedural requirements.
• Manage activities for cross functional teams and coordinate technology and implementation plans with internal and external resources (domestic/international teams) application design - manage delivery of new processes within a customer consultative relationship to ensure highest quality and client satisfaction.
• Process design - Identify opportunities for process improvements (assess, recommend, and implement recommendations).
EDC Project Manager Preferred Requirements:
• 5 years of IT Project Management experience
• 2 years of recent experience as a Project Manager managing full life cycle clinical trials with the Oracle InForm EDC product or similar EDC product.
• Life sciences industry experience and knowledge of clinical trial process (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, CRO's and academic & public health organizations).
• Consulting experience or Client Facing Project Management experience
• MS Project experience
• Demonstrated understanding of computer systems and software application implementation (web and/or client server) including knowledge of software development life cycle.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills a must.
• Ability to work as part of a team, yet work independently on complex problems.
• Logical approach to problem solving and excellent eye for detail.
• Demonstrated success with customers during project assessment, planning, development, training and implementation.
• Self-motivated and keen ability to multi-task
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
As a recognized authority and leading contributor, this project management professional, provides consistent innovative and high quality solution leadership. Responsible for guiding the successful implementation of non-routine and complex business solutions ensuring high quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer's satisfaction.
Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle's solution meets the customer's objectives by combining industry best practices and product knowledge. Effectively applies Oracle's methodologies and policies while adhering to contractual obligations, thereby minimizing Oracle's risk and exposure. Exercises judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques for effective project delivery on small to medium engagements. Provides direction and mentoring to project team. Effectively influences decisions at the management level of customer organizations. Ensures deliverables are acceptable and works closely with the customer to understand and manage project expectations. Supports business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions. Collaborates with the consulting sales team by providing domain credibility. Manages the scope of medium sized projects including the recovery of remedial projects.
8-10 years of experience relevant to this position. Prior project team leadership or management experience. Demonstrated ability to follow solid project management principles. Comfortable working in a matrix management environment. Strong communication skills to deal with internal stakeholders, customers, and vendors. Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the portfolio focus. Selling skills preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.