Bethesda Metro Center (17049), United States of America, Bethesda, Maryland
Closing Officer (Small Balance Loans)
Key Activities Include, but are not limited to:
- Verify accuracy and consistency of required documents to ensure compliance with GSE standards
- Perform due diligence functions relating to loan closing
- Work with Deal Team and GSE partners to verify commitment information
- Work with closing counsel to prepare commitments/clear legal contingencies
- Verify satisfaction of Rate Lock and Closing conditions
- Prepare Lender Closing Statements
- Coordinate funding logistics with legal, servicing and escrow
- Confirm loan information in all systems are accurate
- Ensure the needs of post-closing departments are met
Candidate will perform functions of a Closing Officer for the Small Balance Loan Program. Must be able to handle the pressure of a busy GSE agency finance department and meet strict deadlines while maintaining a high quality of service. Must have superior customer service skills, be detail oriented and self-motivated. Must be extremely organized and able to handle multiple transactions simultaneously and re-prioritize.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least two years of Mortgage Loan experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.