The Cloud & Enterprise Strategy team is chartered with defining the strategy for Microsoft’s commercial cloud business. The team has built a track record of spotting trends early and using those insights to drive Microsoft’s strategy and direction.
The group broadly focuses on three sets of activities:
• Thought leadership on the major shifts in the technology industry (e.g., this was the team that originally pushed for a strategy shift towards the cloud (the original memo got published)
• Translating opportunities into business plans across cloud platform and biz SaaS
• Engaging with customers to help them formulate their Digital Transformation strategy
You will play a key role in not only the continuing transforming of one of the world’s largest software companies but also in transforming whole industries as we help customers charter their digital transformation journey. We are strategy consulting with higher leverage and without the travel.
• Conduct assessments of Microsoft’s market and competitive landscape
• Quickly identify and analyze key trends by pulling together disparate information and research
• Develop original and insightful analyses and business model frameworks
• Collaborate with experts and stakeholders across the organization (e.g., product teams, business development, business planning) as well as externally (e.g., industry analysts, partners, customers)
• Deliver insightful recommendations in a concise, and persuasive manner
• Build consensus and effectively influence senior-level stakeholders
• 2 years minimum industry experience in top-tier management consulting, finance, corporate strategy, or related business fields
• BA/BS degree with a strong academic background
• Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem-solving orientation with exceptional ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
• Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate insights around complex business problems with senior audiences
• Passion for technology, with some form of technical or software experience a plus
• A ‘question the status quo’ and entrepreneurial mindset
• Strong personal initiative and good judgment; desire to succeed in a demanding environment
• Ability to adapt quickly and work independently
• Desire to continuously learn and develop skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.