What you’ll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
We are looking for a Cloud Architect to join the MyVerizon Digital Self Service team on the cloud migration journey. The work will involve architecting & deploying several Cloud/AWS solutions. Candidate in general be the resident DevOps/Cloud expert for the team. Individual should be able to learn, adapt, and work on different open source & branded technologies for a potential research, analysis, comparison, and implementation.
- Architect & deploy several Cloud/AWS solutions.
- Perform scripting & automation using any of the more popular scripting languages as well as Configuration Management.
- Develop cloud-native applications that adhere to microservices and twelve-factor application principles.
Software/ Application Development & Architecture.
- Use complex algorithms to develop systems & applications that deliver business functions or architectural components.
- Develop system architecture that improve designs & mapping form to function.
- Educate team members about integrating systems collaboratively & efficiently.
Technical Product Knowledge
- Understand a given solution to assess its alignment with business needs.
- Assess how the competition differs from Verizon’s current state and update Verizon operations.
- Communicate the business value of technical solutions.
- Discover mutually beneficial solutions across customers while recognizing different styles.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with DevOps tool e- Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Atlassian products - (Jira, Bitbucket, and Stash), Java, JSON, Hygieia, Mongo DB, Log stash, Docker etc.
- Experience in Java technologies, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Experience with performance monitoring and log aggregation systems in a virtualized micro-service architecture.
- Experience running internet systems on Cloud / AWS platforms and ecosystem (e.g. S3, EC2, Redshift).
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Extensive experience as a lead with all phases of Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Communication & stakeholder management skills.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Knowledge of OpenSource technologies e.g. D3.JS, Node JS, ELK Stack, mobile application performance, Jmeter, Selenium, Appium, Sitespeed.io, Vagrant, Ansible.
- Ability to use languages to script automated tasks (Python, Ruby).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.