Cloud Architect - Emerging Technology:
The Oracle Cloud for Industry (OCI) Cloud Architecture and Solutions Group creates and promotes standards for SaaS service definition, acceptance and delivery on behalf of OCI for the benefit of all Global Business Units (GBU). OCI Cloud Architecture and Solutions Group promotes standards-based delivery by OCI for all facets of SaaS including infrastructure, operating systems, databases, and application management to simplify the SaaS on-ramp for the GBUS. OCI is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Cloud Architect focusing on emerging technologies. This position involves rationalizing the use of Oracle Public Cloud services and other technologies in the context of defining and implementing the next [next] generation cloud delivery framework for OCI.
Do you have a passion for emerging technology rationalization and adoption in the cloud space? Does the idea of understanding successive waves of new technologies coming from Oracle Public Cloud and applying them to an operating paradigm for OCI sound like fun to you? Are you adept at cloud security concepts, virtualization methods, core networking, public cloud consumption models, and core operating principles for ITIL based delivery? Are you able to work in a geographically distributed team? Are you well versed in Red Stack technologies and how they are applied to create viable cloud services? Does accomplishing something that propels an organization forward in concert with your peers keep you up at night in a good way? Do you thrive in a self motivated, high expectation environment? If so, then read on.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in technical architecture in the cloud services space. Preferred Skills:
- Core Red Stack component implementation, including Oracle Database, Weblogic, and the Oracle Identity Management framework
- Software architecture design and deployment in Linux environments
- Previous experience deploying services / consuming services in SaaS/PaaS/IaaS environments
- Virtualization techniques in the Linux space, as well as with core Red Stack components
- Service design concepts for elasticity
- Solid understanding of networking principles such as IP/VLAN/port,http/SSL, DNS, firewall/ACLs
- Enterprise deployment architectures
- Cloud deployment security best practices
- High availability/clustering in both application stack and using load balancers
- Disaster Recovery planning, implementing, and testing
- Experience in deploying environments using best practice principles and defining reference architectures
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring capability
- Ability to interoperate with OCI and corporate approval authorities to gain acceptance for internal standards and solution-specific approval requirements
- Experience coordinating, communicating, and collaborating directly with a distributed team from around the globe
- Experience reviewing and learning new software and technologies solely from product documentation, knowledgebase information, or other sources that are freely available within the company or on internet.
- Ability to go "hands-on" to prove out a method of implementation in order to rationalize a service paradigm.
The candidate should have a 4 year degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent and 15 years of relevant experience.
Desired skills or experience:
• Regulatory compliance (HIPAA, PCI)
• Security monitoring (IDS, DLP, syslog)
• Industry certifications around Cloud Architecture, security, Oracle products, or comparable
• Virtualization technologies (OVM, Docker, LXC)
• Storage protocols (NFS, ZFS, iSCSI)
• Oracle Engineered Systems like Exadata, Exalogic, ZFS Storage Appliance, etc.Qualifications:
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.