This job needs a hands-on person be the primary technical point of contact helping to plan, debug, and oversee ongoing operations of business critical applications, managed services hosted in the data center. The role requires troubleshooting application, network, database, and architectural challenges using a suite of internal tools as well as individual's existing knowledge and toolkits. This individual will work hand-in-hand with senior executives on opportunities to improve IT landscape from infrastructure perspective. Work to ensure hosted applications are well designed and scale to the needs of the organization. The role is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer systems and network infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of the organization's IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links. The successful candidate will have strong skills in all network functions including storage, virtual machines, routers, switches and some previous exposure to public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.). The ideal candidate will have experience in a mid sized company and be able to support a large enterprise environment.
* Supporting infrastructure for a high-volume, mission critical application
* Basic network topology management (IP segments, routers, VLANs, etc)
* Microsoft Windows Server management (security, updates, OS configuration)
* VMWare ESX Cluster management (configure VMs, data stores, vMotion)
* Familiarity with SAN storage management (EMC preferred)
* Work with vendors for support on SAN, VMWare, networking issues
* Assist in Design/Architecture of hybrid cloud solutions (AZW, Azure, etc.)
* Help define IT and business processes that work well with cloud deployments
* Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
* Make recommendations on how new cloud offerings fit in the company architecture
* Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
* Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
* Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.
* Provides "ownership" of problem through final resolution.
* Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization's network.
* Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
* Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
* Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
* Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
* Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
* Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
* Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed prelaunch planning
* Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities.
* Complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance to leadership
* Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analysis for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
* Oversee the administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in AD.
* Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
* Manage operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
Formal Education & Certification
* Four-year university degree or college diploma required, preferably in the field of computer science or other related academic fields
Knowledge & Experience
* 8+ years of IT/technical industry experience
* 5+ years of experience supporting enterprise level infrastructure
* Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
* Previous experience as a technical lead, with exceptional customer (internal or external) focus and bias for action
* Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery.
* Experience working with Application Development/Engineering teams. Working knowledge of ANY programming/scripting language
* Experience in a distributed computing environment highly desired
* Previous experience working with HIPAA compliance knowledge is a big plus.
* Breadth of experience in the following areas with depth in one or more subject:
o Windows Systems Administration (Linux and/or Windows)
o Networking (DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP, Load Balancing)
o Content Distribution / CDN
o Scripting / Automation
o Database Architecture
o IT Security
o Operations Management & infrastructure design
o Service Oriented Architecture
* Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
* Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
* Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
* Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and forecasting.
* Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
* Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
* Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.