Additional Location(s) or Information: Denver
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: S1014454
Cisco is always looking to identify talented people, especially for Cloud Automation Software Engineers within our Cloud Platform & Services team. If you are reading this posting then we may not have an open job right now, however it is highly likely we will in the very near future. If you are interested in working for Cisco in this capacity then please submit your details and CV or resume against this requisition so that when a suitable vacancy arises Cisco representative can contact you directly.
The Business Entity
Today's flexible, cloud and mobile driven businesses are clamoring for collaboration solutions that offer a "no compromises" experience in every room, on every desk, and in every pocket. And the growing demand in the workplace - from the IT administrator to the end user - are expecting vendors to provide collaborative experiences that are simple, easy to use, integrated and delightful.
The Cloud Collaboration Technology Group (CCTG) is a $1B business unit that develops primarily cloud based collaboration software solutions, and is an integral part of the $4.4B Collaboration portfolio at Cisco, which is investing heavily to transform the future of collaboration experiences for our end users.
CCTG's vision is to be the recognized industry leader in the Cloud Collaboration market as well as to be the industry beacon that attracts top talent. Our strategy is to sustain innovation in our current $1B product line, and to develop innovative new products for the future that expand and positively disrupt our market. We will do all of this, and build a next generation cloud platform with APIs and an ecosystem that deliver tangible business outcomes enabling our customers to get more jobs done!
The Spark Cloud Platform team is primarily responsible for the wide variety of services that are required to support the deployment automation and reliability of our Collaboration microservices. As an Automation Software Engineer (DevOps Engineer) you will "go deep" on one or more platform services, but be able to pitch in on the entire spectrum, and will also work with an application engineering team to ensure that that team is successful.
Role & Responsibilities
• Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation required for improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of our enterprise SaaS microservices using Python or Ruby and configuration automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
• Solve problems related to these mission critical services and build automation to proactively detect and prevent their re-occurrences
• Share in the creation of new designs and architectures for multi- region, multi- datacenter distributed systems
• Collaborate with application engineering teams in solving business needs with our services
• Partake in the periodic on-call duties for provided services
• BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) or equivalent practical experience
• Fluency in one or more languages of Python, Ruby, Java, or Go
• Experience working in Unix/Linux operating systems
• Solid networking skills and familiarity with Unix/Linux systems including cli used in checking component status and logs.
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Cloud' (using IaaS and PaaS) experience desirable
• Configuration management experience with one or more configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CFEngine
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision when required
• Comfortable with Agile methodologies and working within small teams
• Experience delivering always-on customer focused applications (i.e. online 24x7x365)
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Cloud
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.