At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
3M is seeking a Cloud Data Architect
for the Software Electronic and Mechanical Systems (SEMS) Laboratory, located in Maplewood, Minnesota.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Cloud Data Architect will be primarily responsible for leading Database Architecture and Development efforts across 3M Corporate Research Labs and the 3M Business Group Division projects. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides consultative expertise and leadership to influence 3M Business Group Divisions in the design, development and execution of database solutions across private and public cloud platforms.
- Key contributor and influencer on database technology platform adoption such as Azure and Amazon Paas capabilities.
- Participates in cross functional teams in the design, development and build-out of solutions/service in a speed-to-market agile manner.
- Responsible for contributing to the Data Engineering Practice and Best Practices as required to meet demand.
- Maintains currency of deep data related Iaas, Paas and Saas technology knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years combined experience in database design, development and/or commercialization
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science or Software Engineering from an accredited university
- 5+ years of experience with multiple key RDBMS platforms and related tools such as SQL Server or Oracle and Cloud-based platforms such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Ability to demonstrate experience with database technology trends and platforms, such as: Azure and Amazon data related technologies.
- Acts as the Database Architecture Leader providing direction across multiple applications
- Strong client facing skills - presentation, facilitation, written and verbal communications
- Strong problem identification and problem solving skills
- Must have the ability to structure deliverables to maximize reuse where applicable
- Ability to participate in the development of project plans including estimates for the entire life cycle of the project
- System performance analysis and capacity planning
- Strong time management skills; ability to work through issues and prioritize multiple time demands.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with strong hands-on work ethics, can-do attitude, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate effectively in larger, highly cross-functional team
- Demonstrated ability to "think outside the box"
- Experience working independently in a consultative manner to develop database solutions
: Maplewood, MinnesotaTravel:
May include up to 10%, primarily domesticRelocation Benefits:
Are authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.