Cloud Data Center Administrator
Title: Cloud Data Center Administrator
The Associate Cloud Systems Administrator's role is to install, cable, configure, maintain, tune, and optimize Linux systems servers and other infrastructure components to achieve high availability and performance of the Oracle Cloud environment.
• Rack, cable and configure server hardware and other appliances
• Connect and configure System and Networking devices
• Hands-on repair of equipment; swapping HDDs, power supplies and DIMMs along with
other server components
• Shipping and receiving of computer equipment
• Inventory management controls
• Monitor and test system power usage and provide reports on power consumption.
• Maintain inventory of spare parts, servers and other miscellaneous gear
• Documentation of servers and appliances within the cabinets
• Troubleshoot offline/downed server issues
• Manage inbound/outbound shipping tickets
• Reallocate and decommission servers
• Installation of System I/O cards
• Configure ILOM server configs for remote access
• Maintain service tickets within your designated queue
• Attend weekly project and team meetings
• Create support ticket within MOS
• Assist various teams in troubleshooting hardware and software problems to resolution
• Comply with the cloud security media policy guidelines
• Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database
administration functions to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability
• Follow corporate and datacenter policies, and procedures.
• 5-10 years' experience in network cabling and System Administration meeting data
• Telcom cabling experience a plus
• College diploma or university degree in the field of business information systems a
plus or equivalent work experience.
• Certifications in Linux a plus
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux, Linux services, and Linux
• Familiarity with TCP/IP protocols, firewalls, and database administration
• Good technical knowledge of current network hardware and standards, including Fiber
• Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
• Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Travel between multiple Oracle collocations required (local)
• Emergency on-call availability
• Work scheduled maintenance windows and other unexpected events
• Dexterity of hands and fingers and the ability to work on a ladder in datacenter
• The ability to lift and or transport very heavy objects (70-1000 lbs.) with mechanical
hand tool assistance
• Occasional travel to other datacenters to perform work when needed
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity. React to potential problems using automation, scheduling, and monitoring tools -- escalating to management where appropriate. Participate in configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance and/or troubleshoot the system. Responsible for support documentation as well.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. 2-4 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.