Are you lookin g for the opportunity to join the last company in North America with Green Field Data Center Deployments across the globe? Are you excited about the opportunity to transform an on Premise Hardware supply chain team into a Global Cloud Player? Do you live to be in a dynamic supply / demand environment supporting capacity for Data Centers around the globe? Do you want to join the only Data Center company providing SaaS, PaaS & IaaS services?
Oracle is building its Generation 2.0 Data Center with an A Team from all the main players and are looking for you to join our Supply Chain Team.
The Cloud Demand Planner is responsible for working with our internal cloud partners at the capacity pool layer to put planning strategies in place for the Compute, Storage & Networking products.
These strategies will drive short term priorities to help enable the immediate needs of our Cloud expansion, as well as, long term system, process, and data analytics capabilities to ensure continued improvement in margin and time-to-market for our Cloud businesses.
This Demand Planner will work cross functionally with Capacity Planning, Cloud Operations, Sales, Product Management and Finance to understand the market factors and trends that impact demand for their portfolio and will interface with internal Operations Supply Planning, Execution and Supply Management organizations to drive planning and inventory strategies to best position material to achieve and balance key performance metrics.
Demand Planners will interface with key suppliers as required in a Co-Planning environment to meet each company's mutual goals with respect to availability, lead-time, inventory & E&O.
Communication is critical to the role. The cloud demand planner will possess the ability to clearly articulate analysis and assumptions for any plan proposals, and present them with confidence to executive management. Job Responsibilities:
The Demand Planner will
- Analyze trend and forecast data to make platform level plan proposals
- Work with product managers to establish mix plans, including transition plans
- Analyze trend and forecast data to make option level plan proposals, including transition plans
- Review plan and consumption reporting in support of planning activities and to ensure accuracy
- Define and execute inventory strategies balance purchase commitment with delivery speed
- Perform ad-hoc business analysis related to demand
- Communicate plan and consumption information as required to various functions within the company
- Provide feedback on internal and revenue demand plans.
- Understand Internal product and supplier roadmaps and drive transition strategies and plans to mitigate risks
Top skill sets/education in the ideal candidate;
- Proven analytical background and familiarity with advanced analytics tools and concepts
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of Excel
- Supply/demand planning using MRP/ERP
- Familiarity with the Oracle Value Chain Planning (VCP) tool suite including Demantra, ASCP & CP are a plus
- Proven ability to drive results in a dynamic environment
- Familiarity with supply chain operations, S&OP processes, and Cloud Compute, Storage and/or Networking products
- Datacenter capacity planning experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS/MBA a plus
Develops and communicates high level supply plans that convey Oracle liability to suppliers.
Develops and communicates high level supply plans that convey Oracle liability to suppliers. Interfaces regularly with marketing new product teams and finance planning teams to assure plans are as accurate as possible. Analyzes historical volumes and integrates learnings into plans query writing and/or analysis is often needed. Monitors consumption at all levels and update plans as needed to diagnose consumption issues and drive resolution with the appropriate functions. Maintains all planning item attributes. Manages geographical splits for the plans. Ensures plans flowing out to supplier portals are accurate; performs plan validations an extract commitments from te supply base judge the quality of those commitments and escalate as needed. Supports new product teams, end of life teams and excess and obsolete inventory teams waterfalls and other management reports as needed.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.