Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay Inc. Cloud DevOps team is looking for a Sr. Cloud Engineer to help us automate, maintain and improve, and support our very large and mature OpenStack Cloud and growing Kubernetes environments.
In this role, you'll immediately join a dedicated team of seasoned Engineers, and have a broad range of Cloud-centric areas to contribute to, including compute, network, storage, operations, support, and solutions engineering.
The primary responsibilities for this position focus on OpenStack compute and storage services (Nova, Cinder, and Swift, with supporting storage backends such as RDB, Ceph and Solidfire). This is an opportunity to collaborate with a talented team of Engineers spread across multiple locations, helping ensure our private Cloud remains world-class. Bring prior experience with Cloud technology, a mastery of OS and hardware engineering, and be eager to start contributing on day one.
* Work as a Cloud Engineer on the in-house private OpenStack Cloud (C3/Connected Commerce Cloud) and Kubernetes environment (Tess.IO) at eBay Inc.
* Help track down defects and come up with innovative solutions to improve reliability and availability of your focus areas
* Help with documentation efforts to improve C3 usability
* Experience with at least one high level programming language like Python, Ruby, or Java (Python is preferred)
* Prior advanced-level experience administering Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Fedora, Atomic, Ubuntu, Snappy, LXD, CoreOS)
* Prior advanced-level experience with OpenStack administration, development, operations, and customer usage
* Prior intermediate-level experience with Kubernetes or equivalent container orchestration and concepts
* Prior advanced-level experience with configuration management systems like Puppet
* Prior advanced-level experience with OS-level networking and storage
* Prior advanced-level experience with OS provisioning systems and tooling (OpenStack Ironic, Foreman, PXE, DHCP, kickstart, preseed)
* Prior intermeriate-level experience in hardware engineering of common vendor and ODM compute platforms
* Prior advanced-level experience customizing OS's and OS repos
* Prior advanced-level Linux OS kernel troubleshooting
* Prior advanced-level OS performance troubleshooting
* Prior advanced-level storage performance troubleshooting and tuning including a full understanding of RAID
* Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal
* Intermediate-level understanding of software development fundamentals
* Capacity for learning new technologies and skills rapidly
* Ability to excel in a cross-functional, culturally-diverse, and geo-distributed work environment
* 5+ years of experience with at least one high level programming language like Python, Ruby, or Java (Python is preferred)
* 2+ years advanced-level experience with OpenStack
* 7+ years advanced-level experience with Linux distributions