Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Workday is looking for Cloud/Software Engineers to join its Cloud Engineering team to build and scale a world-class virtualization platform. Multiple positions are open in the team (Junior / Senior / Principal Cloud Engineers). This team's mission is to accelerate the delivery of products to Workday customers by providing a performant Cloud Platform that is highly available, reliable and scalable.
You will be joining a team of talented & passionate engineers and use innovative tools and technologies (e.g. OpenStack, OpenContrail, Ceph, Chef, Nagios/Sensu, Kafka/ELK) to build an awesome Cloud platform. You will also create libraries, tools and automation that enables our Infrastructure group to deploy, administer & operate the platform.
- Build tools and automation to configure/deploy/maintain various components and services of the Cloud platform
- Ensure the quality and performance of the platform through fully automated functional and performance testing
- Enhance our CI/CD pipeline for continuous integration/delivery of code
- Through instrumentation & logging, build the right monitors, alerts and metrics and ensure the availability and performance of the platforms meets/beats our SLAs
- Debug issues, quickly find the root cause, propose solution options, test and rollout the best solution
- As a senior member of the team, you will actively contribute to the architecture/design of the platform
- With your knowledge and awareness of the new developments in the industry, you will help us to ensure the cloud is ready to meet our future requirements
- You will provide technical leadership to your peers in the team and help them to be their best
- Experience building and operating private (OpenStack) and/or public (AWS/Azure/GCP) clouds
- Experience with large-scale distributed infrastructure systems; good understanding of Data Centers and provisioning/managing infrastructure resources (Compute/Network/Storage)
- Fluent in Linux (CentOS/RedHat/Fedora/Ubuntu)
- Experience with emerging technologies like Docker/Rocket and Kubernetes/Mesos/Marathon is a plus
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (OpenContrail) and Configuration Management Tools (Chef/Puppet/Ansible) is a plus
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Programming language like Python, Ruby or Java
- Excellent team player with great written & verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of experience in Software and/or Infrastructure Engineering
- BS/MS degree in STEM
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.