This is a key position and requires the person to be completely conversant with integrated Business Application suites, often referred to as an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). Of particular importance is a thorough understanding of the Postmodern ERP environment, the impact of Cloud ERP Solutions on people, systems, technology, and business outcomes as well the continuing devolution of ERP into a loosely coupled, federated and hybrid solution architectures.
The analyst will create a body of Gartner research, analysis, and advice. This will be communicated to clients via published research and compelling interactions. In addition, this body of research will support the sales force in sales and retention. The body of research is aimed at providing insight, predictions and actionable advice to clients relating to the Postmodern ERP market. This market is fast moving and is being driven by technology changes ranging from Cloud IT through to IoT. Knowledge of the major vendors in this market and their new products and services is a must.
Of particular importance is the ability to help create and then present this research to senior ERP application leaders, primarily in end user organizations leaders.
- Define and conduct ongoing research and analysis covering the leading Postmodern ERP vendors, end user use cases, and technology driven innovations that are changing and enhancing those business processes.
- Remain current on developments and issues within the area of Postmodern ERP and be able to both help tell the “Application Suites/ERP” story and be able to contribute ideas and generate compelling scenarios for it.
- Create research by reading, having interactions with clients, vendors and analysts. Be able to evaluate and analyze information and then detail actions to be taken to meet client needs.
- Participate in Research Community meetings or other activities that are part of the research process as well as through interviews, surveys, and statistical analysis.
- Write a specified number of research documents over the year and to a regular cadence. Monitor client reaction and strive to improve relevancy and value of the advice and insights on a continual basis.
- Respond to client interaction needs including face-to-face meetings, audio teleconferencing and WebEx calls, Gartner event participation (including speaking at the event), support local Gartner briefings, etc.
- Provide individualized engagement day consulting sessions for clients based on existing Gartner research.
- Comply with all internal processes, ranging from undertaking expenses on time, performance review processes, through to supporting new ways of providing the Gartner service, for example, the Expert Essentials methodology, all the way to meeting Gartner’s code of ethics.
- 8-12 years of experience within the ERP, Postmodern ERP market.
- Have previous ERP responsibilities in a relevant role, for example, responsibility of an ERP project or who has successfully led ERP transformations initiatives for their organization.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is mandatory: The impact of Cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS); In Memory Computing (IMC); The impact of the Internet of Things (IoT); and Digital Business’s impact on ERP.
- Demonstrated ability to piece together fragments of information, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions.
- Be a creative thinker, having a passion for analyzing information, and willing to take positions on future scenarios.
- Be a self-starter, eager to learn about new technologies both inside and outside their field of expertise and willing to keep their finger on the pulse of the changing IT landscape to meet the demands of our customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Have a strong collaboration ethos.
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred - and/or relevant qualifications and/or relevant experience.
Job ID 00013619
A little about us:
What makes Gartner a great place to work? Great people. Smart, curious and driven toward success, they thrive on new ideas and collaboration. Top talent is why we are the world’s leading research and advisory company. If you’re looking for a great community, a rewarding career and a chance to make a difference, you’ve come to the right place.