The Cloud Identity Services Engineer's primary responsibility is to provide coverage for Gateway support trouble tickets opened by clients. Support ticket coverage includes (but is not limited to) the triage, debug, resolution and escalation (when necessary) for the issues associated with such tickets. The Gateway Support Engineer is required to work closely with Gateway Services Support Managers as well as client stakeholders and SMEs to properly diagnose, resolve, implement, test and provide rollout support for the resolution to the customer trouble tickets for which they are responsible. They must also be able to work individually as well as and in 2 to 4 person project teams.
General purpose: Provide broad technical support for clients' in-service support issues as well as focused diagnostics, implementation and rollout support services for the resolution of the Gateway client trouble tickets.
- Must possess and demonstrate enterprise software architecture knowledge and skills
- Must possess a familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures
- Must continuously maintain and upgrade self-knowledge of industry, market and related products/solutions
- Must possess the ability to think strategically, process information logically and solve problems
- Must possess adequate written and verbal communication skills to effectively assist clients who are in need of technical support for their Gateway domain.
- Must possess high attention to detail, including the ability to:
o Work within a fast-paced environment
o Self-motivate and operate independently
o Think creativity and *out of the box* when designing solutions
- Provide triage, debug and escalation for support tickets opened during local business hours
- Participate in and provide technical details and guidance to the customer during the ongoing support of the customer's implementation of Gateway.
- Work closely with Gateway Service Support Leads and Project Managers to ensure on-time on on-budget delivery of high quality technical deliverables
- Work effectively with team members both within IBM and with client technical staff.
- Articulate details of technical issues, tasks, and/or solutions to technical and non-technical staff when required.
- Document aspects of a technical solution (Universal Markup Language [UML], Visio, configuration instructions, test plans, and other relevant technical documentation)
- Work within a fast-paced environment, self-motivate and operate independently, think creativity and "out of the box" when designing solutions and handle multiple, disparate assignments and client projects in parallel
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.