Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We are solving one of the most complex problems affecting developer productivity - setting up and maintaining a testing environment. We are working on a solution - "Managed stages" that is about creating a highly scalable and available test infrastructure for the developer community. As a developer in this group, you would get to work on cloud technologies and solve problems around building elastically scalable infrastructure.
What you will work on
- Be a technical leader in building solutions that can help scale the infrastructure
- Primarily responsible for the high availability of the infrastructure
- Work directly with Architecture, Product Managers, Program Managers and stakeholders from clients that integrate with the Managed stages
- Interview and hire a world class engineering team that will make an impact on how we do engineering at PayPal
A successful candidate will a strong leader who is able to lead a high performing team, can creatively balance high quality delivery with customer focus to meet business needs, has excellent communication skills, and continuous record of delivering results in an aggressive and fast paced environment.
- 3+ years of experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software related to platforms
- Hands on experience with design and development of scalable web services and platforms
- Strong experience in Java, python and scripting
- Prior experience in building infrastructure for instrumenting, reporting, monitoring and alerting
- Knowledge and experience in cloud technologies or GO language is a huge plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- MS in computer science or equivalent
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.