Cloud Infrastructure Partner Lead
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of the Microsoft cloud solutions and services, to support our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
As global lead on the corporate team with a perspective across the Intelligent Cloud Infrastructure portfolio, you will be a critical and visible leader internally and externally and will have the opportunity to influence and work with many of the most senior leaders in the business.
We’re looking for an exceptional leader and cross-team collaborator to partner with stakeholders to optimize global Intelligent Cloud Infrastructure Intellectual Property (primarily with Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), but also Systems Integrators (SIs)), partner alignment and sales. Primarily centered on the objective of meeting and exceeding our revenue and scorecard targets for Azure, Azure Stack, Windows Server, and System Center with-and-through partners, this role includes directly activating global partner sales, patterns analysis (deal inhibitors & sales enablers), issue resolution management and communication, business/product group alignment, why Microsoft value prop + core messaging, and ultimately enabling our priority partner sales motions via demonstrated opportunity attach and consumption.
As the Worldwide Infrastructure IP Partner Sales & Consumption Lead, you’ll partner closely with stakeholders including senior leaders in the Product Group, Business Group (BG), One Commercial Partner team, Customer Success, as well as Small, Medium, & Corporate (SMC) business units to shape & execute global Infrastructure sell-with partner motions.
Primary accountabilities include:
• IP Partner Ecosystem Rationalization: Provide subject matter expertise on Microsoft’s IP Partner ecosystem (primarily with Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), but also Systems Integrators (SIs), at both Global and Regional levels), including prioritization and rationalization of IP Partner solutions aligned to key Infrastructure workloads and geographies
• IP Partner Sales Execution Planning: Deliver scalable plan for top Infrastructure IP Partners in each Area/Subsidiary, with alignment through One Commercial Partner organization to ensure those partners are actively recruited, readied, and enabled
• Activate IP Partners: Ensure Infrastructure IP Partners are activated through local Build With, GTM and Sell With activities in each Area/Subsidiary
• Drive IP Partner Co-Sell: Lead field engagement activities to ensure that Microsoft’s specialist seller communities and customer success teams are actively engaged in proactive co-sell activities with top Infrastructure IP Partners with demonstrate partner attach and consumption
• Ensure IP Partner Success: Drive Partner business acceleration activities, including influence on evolution of offers, incentives, readiness, and other success initiatives
• Closed Feedback Loop: Facilitation and delivery of closed feedback loop with key executive sponsors and cross-organizational partners including Engineering, Product Marketing, WW STU/Customer Success, Inside Sales, OCP, Services
• Field Connection & Immersion: Establish field relationships and ongoing engagement to formalize connection channels, listening systems, escalation management, and field council.
• Field Landing & Readiness: Ensure successful rollout across the world to help land co-sell initiatives/readiness plans. Includes as appropriate engagement in virtual training, Executive meetings, field readiness events, etc.
• Sales Effectiveness & Efficiency: Optimization of Azure sales engagements focused on business growth and achievement of revenue/scorecard goals with demonstrated global impact.
• Best Practice Sharing: Partner with internal stakeholders and business sponsors to maximize sales synergy via knowledge transfer and best practices sharing.
Qualifications include significant experience in Microsoft Infrastructure sales, partner, and channel management, preferably experience working across sales channels at Microsoft. Strong understanding of the Microsoft segment, customer, partner, and services sales engines with demonstrated success in driving revenue growth in new business models.
• 5+ years of experience in sales, marketing, product sales and/or product marketing.
• Should work autonomously, be results-driven, and demonstrate the ability to influence cross group agendas (including at an executive level) while driving non-reporting teams to perform.
• Partner management, product marketing and/or field sales experience within Microsoft is a plus.
• Candidate must be willing to take on big challenges with significant growth potential.
• Most importantly, the candidate will be a strategic thinker able to identify opportunities and alternatives while influencing a large team to execute on them.
• BS/BA required; MS / MBA a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.