Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
• 10+ years platform experience, expertise with (Linux, Windows) and virtualization (KVM, VSphere, Hyper-V)
• Excellent understanding of Cloud technologies in application of hypervisor, storage and network automation capabilities
• Must have prior hands-on experience in designing, building, implementing and supporting Openstack based cloud infrastructure solutions
• Clear understanding of modern network protocols and processes running on each of network layers; Deep understanding of OpenVswitch, knowledge and experience of SDN is plus
• Experienced in building automated solutions through tools and software that enable infrastructure to be remotely provisioned, configured and decommissioned
• Solid technology background in the Compute, Network and Storage space with current understanding of implementation of vendor solutions provided by HP, Cisco, EMC, Netapp, Hitachi
• Experience in selecting, designing and developing a tool-chain with loosely coupled software components to perform specific technical functions.
• Strong analytical skills, able to work independently to solve complex engineering problems. Make independent judgments/decisions within established guidelines
• Communicate well with others both verbally and in writing and be able to effectively interact with peers, management and other outside contacts
• The ability to gather and understand business requirements, translate them into technical/operational requirements
• High degree of initiative and sense of urgency, comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis
• Self-confident, commands technical authority and respect at all levels
• Demonstrable teamwork attitude, ready to initiate collaboration and resolve conflicts
Key skills required: (in the order of priority)
• Expert level Hypervisor Experience: VMWARE, KVM, Hyper-V (must have)
• RHEL Linux System Administration (must have)
• Openstack design and deployment (Must have)
• Windows 2008, Windows 2012 (must have)
• Good Understanding of Network Concepts(must have)
• Scripting - shell, Ruby or Python) (must have)
• Expertise in one or more configuration management tool: Ansible, Chef or Puppet for managing medium & large environments (Must have)
• API design and RESTful principles, able to utilize REST APIs for integration and testing (Must have)
• Version control - GIT or Subversion (good to have)
• Containerization concepts, experience with clustering and scheduling suites such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, DCOS (good to have)
• RabbitMQ, ELK & MySQL (good to have)
• Public Cloud - AWS, Azure (good to have)
• DevOps - CI/CD understanding (good to have)
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.