Oracle Public Cloud Infrastructure Operations - Systems Engineering - SRE
Are you interested in delivering large-scale, high performance, fault tolerant solutions? Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building a next generation Infrastructure-as-a-Service that supports the most demanding mission-critical customer requirements, and operate at cloud scale to provide a secure, distributed multi-tenant cloud environment.
We are looking for strong systems engineers to take on the challenge of engineering infrastructure solutions for scale and performance while providing strong guarantees of availability to our customers. Your team will have diverse expertise in systems, networking, and software development to provide the stability, performance and reliability our customers need. You will build tools to address hard operational problems while enabling our service developers to remain agile and deliver feature changes. You will deliver the solutions that directly contribute to our customer's success.
Come deliver the cloud with the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure SRE team!
• Proficient with Python, Ruby, Perl, or Java
• Deep knowledge of Networking Services (TCP and UDP based, DNS, DHCP)
• Familiar with datacenter network routing protocols
• Deep knowledge of Linux and host based networking
• Expert Linux performance and stability troubleshooting skills
• Familiarity with configuration management solutions such as Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, etc.
• 5 years of systems administration on 2000 server environments
• 2 years managing host virtualization technologies (KVM, Containers, Docker, etc)
• B.S. or better in Computer Science or other engineering disciplines
• Proficient in coding complex systems using Python, Ruby, Java, C/C
• Deep knowledge of Networking (TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, IPSec)
• Deep knowledge of Linux internals and host based networking
• Deep focus on building secure Internet facing systems in hostile environments
• Familiar with Internet and datacenter network routing protocols (BGP, OSPF)
• Experience with devising, managing, and extending monitoring solutions for large scale environments
• 5 years of systems administration on 20000 server environments
• 3 years of experience in production software development with Agile methodologies
3 years managing host, network, or storage virtualization technologies
• Expert troubleshooting skills
• Expert fleet automation and management solutions
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.