Oracle Public Cloud is experiencing significant growth resulting in rapid expansion of the underlying network infrastructure to support that growth.
We are looking for software engineers with development experience in multiple areas including virtualized networks, network /infrastructure automation, SDN controllers and associated tools and technologies.
As part of a global team of network architects, engineers and software developers, you will have the opportunity to create and deliver fully automated datacenter and backbone networks to support cloud scale applications.
You will be building software for controlling distributed network services, multi-level abstractions,complete automation of configurations, deployment and management of our cloud network infrastructure extending from the core datacenter to global backbone networks.
In collaboration with the network architects, you will design and implement the network models to support the rapid growth, monitoring, capacity planning and provide well designed templates and tools to deliver network services as code.
You will create standards and repeatable templates for device level configuration and expose them as reusable services by higher layers of orchestration. The job additionally involves converting traditional modes of CLI based network configuration into automated services driven by software.
There are no dearth of challenges and opportunities are plentiful to apply your software engineering knowledge in creating the next generation of software defined networks. Qualifications
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Strong software engineering/development background with at least 5 years experience in large distributed systems, infrastructure or network automation and Web services
- Proficiency at programming in Python, Java.
- Well versed in developments in Software Defined Networking and controllers like OpenDaylight, openvSwitch
- Strong knowledge of API design such as Netconf, RESTful API as well as configuration management tools such as CHEF, Ansible
- Good knowledge of data models, relational databases, NOSQL and a generl understanding of cloud development principals such as loose coupling, separation of services, micro services
- Must have familiarity with load balancing platforms and technologies, firewall platforms, switching and routing platforms - Cisco, Juniper, F5 and other open source alternatives
- Knowledge of IP Networking, datacenter network technologies, packet forwarding architectures and internet routing protocols (BGP, GRE, IPSec, VxLAN, Dot1Q, QinQ, 40G/100G futures, DNS, HTTP, netflow/Jflow etc) highly desirable.
- Good understanding of software development tools such as SCMs, automated build systems, test systems and harnesses, Continuous Integration/ Delivery/Deployment.
- Must have strong debugging skills.
- Experience and desire to write clean, testable code with automated tests
- Strong focus on complete automation and delivering highly available solutions for highly demanding requirements (devops).
- CCIE / JNCIE certifications or equivalents are an added advantage - willingness to adopt and adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to accomplish goals independently - highly result oriented.
- A strong team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.