Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building a next generation Infrastructure-as-a-Service that support the most demanding mission-critical customer requirements, operating at cloud scale to provide a secure, distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. This role will be located in Oracle's downtown Seattle Offices.
We are looking for strong NOC Engineer who will partner with our engineering teams to ensure the availability of our infrastructure and networks. You'll play a direct role in troubleshooting and resolving issues, improving our visibility into fault areas, devising operational procedures, and ensuring we are always focused on our customers first.
• Provide first line troubleshooting and information gathering from business customers via phone and email.
• Incident manager during critical issues coordinating efforts among internal teams and the NOC, ensuring issue resolution, and providing communication back to customers.
• Work with engineering to drive improvements in NOC applications and tools.
• Provide quality support following standard operating procedures and directly help to craft those procedures.
• Communicate clearly and professionally with all internal and external customers.
• Identify recurring issues and escalate appropriately for permanent resolution.
• CCNA, JNCIA, or equivalent experience
• Strong experience within a Linux based environment
• Natural aptitude for dealing with people
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Able to quickly assess and address problems, escalating as necessary
• Strong analytical and reasoning skills
• Detail oriented and capable of working on multiple problems at once
• Must be willing and able to work non-standard work shifts, including evenings, overnight, holidays, and weekends
Assists with analyzing complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
As part of a software project implementation team, provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user needs. Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business specifications. Designs details of automated systems. May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems. May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
Job duties are varied and complex; independent judgment needed. May have project lead role. Prefer 5 years relevant experience and BA/BS degree.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.