Do you have a passion for selling breakthrough storage and cloud technology? Are you searching for an amazing opportunity in the fastest growing segment of data storage? Would you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment? If yes, we have the role you've been waiting for here within the IBM Cloud Object Storage team.
The IBM Cloud Object Storage team is revolutionizing the storage industry by working to enable the world to confidently store, distribute, access and leverage unstructured content at massive scale - to accelerate digital transformation within enterprises around the world! Our cutting edge, proven technology has been recognized by a number of top analysts, most recently garnering more #1 positions than any other vendor in Gartner's Critical Capabilities for Object Storage 31 March 2016. Our highly ambitious pursuits are fueled primarily by the people we hire. We look for bright people who are passionate and dedicated team players.
The Systems/Cloud Storage Architect serves as a technical expert focused on selling massively scalable and secure Enterprise Storage. Success in the role requires an organized, team player, with the ability to add value to consultative multi-skilled teams consisting of customers and third parties, excellent communication and presentation skills. The role needs to orchestrate responsive, comprehensive and compelling solutions that clearly address customer business challenges, and differentiate IBM's Cloud Object Storage storage solutions from the competition.
- Qualify opportunities and define the level of compatibility between IBM Cloud Object Storage products and the customer's technical requirements
- Scope, create and deliver technical presentations/demonstrations and solution recommendations to prospects and customers that creatively address customer value chain and business requirements
- Conduct technical assessment at customer site to document existing environment and to define customer requirements; Gather technical information and create workflows of the customer's data environment. Including but not limited to Data Center Operations, System Architectures, Networking Infrastructure, Backup processes, applications, user access and business unit interdependencies
- Work directly with Client technical team to architect implementation constraints and desired deployment timelines
- Participate in discussions/reviews with other key suppliers as requested by client
- Perform Design/Architecture reviews engaging wider IBM experts and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as needed.
- Conduct POC's / POT's per the SOW and lead the execution of the acceptance criteria
- Assist in the presentation of findings and articulate solution benefits
- Answer and write proposal responses to RFP and RFI's
- Participate with the IBM Technical account manager in performing joint account planning
- Ensure smooth hand-off of projects to post-sales implementation and support teams
- Articulate findings and solution benefits to both technical and executive levels as required
- Assist with integrations and relationship building with third party solution vendors to facilitate the delivery of complete and seamless end-to-end solution
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Data storage experience (SAN/NAS/Object Based)
- At least 5 years of experience in working with complex heterogeneous system deployments
- Familiarity with various methods of Data Migration, Data Protection and High Availability
- Proven ability to add positive value to consultative multi-skilled teams consisting of customers and third parties
- Knowledge in the following areas : RESTful API, Networking Technologies (CISCO, TCP/IP, UDP; CCNP certification highly desirable), Fibre Channel and SCSI/iSCSI protocols, RAID, Enterprise Framework Applications (Tivoli TEC, CA UniCenter, HP-Open View), HBA and Driver installation (Sun, Qlogic, JNI, Emulex), operating systems (Linux, Unix, Windows)
- At least 5 years experience in designing solutions for enterprise customers
- At least 3 years experience in working on key client accounts to assist in creating scalable, secure deployments
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.