What's the role?
Oracle's Worldwide Operation's group is responsible for the enablement of Oracle's cloud and standalone hardware profit and growth through world-class supply chain management. The Worldwide Operations team executes against this mission across five functional disciplines: Product Lifecycle & Technology, Sourcing & Supplier Management, Planning & Fulfillment, Manufacturing Operations, and Logistics Operations.
Implementing Pull Model for Cloud - As part of our rapidly expanding cloud business, we are constantly exploring ways to continue to best support Oracle Cloud Transformation within Worldwide Operations. We are currently operating in a traditional push methodology as it relates to the cloud business. Moving forward, we need to implement an end-to-end pull system that can enable speed, simplicity, flexibility, resiliency, and cost competitiveness for some of our cloud services and offerings.
In order to achieve these business outcomes, we are hoping to attract an innovative and analytical thinker who can assist us in analyzing and investigating flex and inventory positioning strategies in-line with this new initiative. Someone who is not burdened with and mired in our current processes could bring a fresh perspective on options to explore, data we would need to obtain, and changes we need to make. What will I do?
As a Cloud Operations Analyst - Graduate Intern within our Worldwide Operations group, you will be responsible for:
What are you looking for in a candidate?
- Outlining and understanding the current state of our end-to-end cloud supply chain operations
- Analyzing inventory and manufacturing positioning strategies for potential changes
- Identifying potential data streams and collecting raw data required for this new initiative
- Proposing operational changes that would benefit or achieve desired business outcomes
- Assisting with other business needs assigned to the Cloud Supply Chain team
- Master's degree in a Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Business or engineering-related field
- Experience working with MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Access
- Proven track record of working well in cross-functional groups and teams to achieve common goals
- Detail-oriented while also able to grasp high-level concepts quickly
- Able to effectively and efficiently communicate ideas and concerns with other individuals
- High interest and enthusiasm in cloud computing, business operations, and supply chain management
- Interest in a rapidly changing business environment from one of the largest companies in the world
- History of leading or contributing to large-scale business transformations and cloud initiatives
- Prior internship or work experience with large technology firms a plus
- Familiar with Oracle E-Business Suite and Applications a plus
Do you want to get a foot in the door and perhaps even get the chance to interview early for one of the best technology jobs in the world? If so, you may be an ideal candidate for our internship program.
Gain invaluable experience in what it is like to work at a leading global hardware and software systems innovator - Oracle. Your colleagues are industry experts and knowledgeable veterans. Your contributions will enhance real Oracle products and services. By the end of your internship you will be connected to a powerful network of professionals, managers, and executives.
Possess undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a graduate level program.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.