Oracle Public Cloud is experiencing significant growth resulting in rapid expansion of the underlying network infrastructure to support that growth.
The supply chain engineering team is looking for a Principal Network Engineer to partner with the design teams and bridge the gap between lab development and volume manufacturing. Design for manufacturability is key as we continue to be on the cutting edge of technology and need the right skill set to work with the design teams during product selection and early development to develop a hardware and software solution that will translate to our hardware integration facilities.
This key role will be co-located with our design teams, you will be the voice of supply chain from a software and hardware engineering perspective working with development teams and your engineering peers in manufacturing. You will be a thought leader in finding the most expedient and innovative ways to help the team transition towards a fully automated manufacturing process to deliver product at scale. You will stay abreast of developments in the network industry including services, protocols, standards and find ways of applying these to keep the environment modern and current.
The Network Product Engineer is a position within the World Wide Operations organization and is an important part of hardware manufacturing. Product Engineers (PEs) require a mix of hardware knowledge and software skills coupled with excellent technical management skills. The PE will lead the technical activities during factory introduction of Oracle computer products from prototype builds through end of life. This position is a challenging and rewarding opportunity with an exciting blend of both hands on technical work coupled with elements of technical program management.
You have the unique opportunity to bring your software engineering knowledge to the network engineering and operations teams.Preferred Qualifications:
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong background in network engineering with at least 5 years of network engineering and administration of hyper scale networks
- Experience designing, maintaining, and troubleshooting optical transport networks
- Deep knowledge of IP Networking, datacenter network technologies, packet forwarding architectures and internet routing
- Expert level troubleshooting skills with broad knowledge across multiple areas
- Experience with automated network management tools
- Strong focus on delivering highly available solutions for demanding customers
- Equally comfortable with Cisco, Juniper, and Arista technologies and be willing to adopt and adapt to new technologies
- Familiarity with load balancing and security platforms and technologies
- Ability to accomplish goals independently - highly result oriented
- Technical troubleshooting and debug skills relating to computer systems hardware and software
- Ability to report, document and present technical subject matter to peers and management in a concise and clear manner
- A strong team player with effective written and verbal communication skills
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
As part of Oracle's standard employment process, candidates will undergo a complete background check prior to an offer being extended. These background checks are conducted by a professional third party firm at no charge to the applicant and include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and motor vehicles records (where required for position).Qualifications:
Manages production support engineering for a specific product or group of products after transfer from design to high volume production.
Manages production support engineering for a specific product or group of products after transfer from design to high volume production. Interfaces with design, process, test and reliability engineering to solve problems. Sustains products with cost reduction and yield improvements.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.