Oracle Public Cloud is experiencing significant growth resulting in rapid expansion of the underlying infrastructure to support that growth. Securing that infrastructure is critical. Oracle Cloud Operations plays a critical role in effectively and securely delivering best-of-breed cloud solutions to Oracle customers, spanning dozens of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS cloud products that generate more than 40 billion platform transactions per day.
We are looking for a Cloud Security Architect to help us push the boundaries of what can be accomplished in both current and next generation of Oracle Cloud services. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in securely solving business problems, successfully navigating corporate governance processes, and effectively communicating with both technical and non-technical individuals. Responsibilities
- Manage Security Technical Review (STR) for OPC initiatives and projects, ensuring efficient cycle time oversight and effective risk posture assurance.
- Work closely with engineering teams, influencing the adoption / adherence of security best practices, as well as the creation / maintenance of security policy, standards and guidelines.
- Ensure implementation of corrective actions from design reviews, risk assessments and incidents, providing direct guidance for risk remediation.
- Participate in technology and process solutions to business problems and potential changes to controls and systems.
- Engage with key business stakeholders to understand requirements, perform business analysis, and architect / design security solutions.
- Support and consult with OPC partner teams (IT, security operations, corporate governance, product development, etc.) on deep technical security & risk considerations.
- Maintain connection to evolving solutions within Oracle, among industry cloud providers, and within 3 rd parties.
- Assists in vetting new security solutions, driving technical design and integration.
- Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in response to changing or ambiguous situations.
- Lead time sensitive projects involving multiple cross-functional teams and large scale security considerations, delivering consistently positive results.
- Stay current on industry trends and influence Oracle policies / processes / design patterns.
Challenges and opportunities are plentiful in this role as you apply your knowledge in helping to secure the next generation of Oracle Cloud capabilities. Qualifications
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area with 8 years of related experience.
- Technical Qualifications
- Deep technical knowledge & security architecture / design experience.
- Experience successfully navigating corporate security review processes.
- Knowledge of web application testing, infrastructure testing, manual testing, software code reviews.
- Knowledge across network / infrastructure / middleware / applications.
- Knowledge of technology methodologies - service oriented architecture (SOA), software & hardware development practices, operational practices, web services design, database design and data management, etc.
- Experience with Oracle's software / hardware / cloud products and services.
- Leadership & Soft Skill Qualifications
- Prior experience solving complex business problems with technology, including aspects unique to securing the cloud (provider / consumer perspective).
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills to establish and maintain internal and external partnerships globally, negotiating risk against other business factors.
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and multitasking capabilities.
- Outstanding proactive communication skills: written, verbal, presentations.
- Self-driven, analytical, and results oriented with proven sound judgment.
- Positive influence to lead through frequent ambiguity / uncertainty / change.
- Business savvy including the ability to see and convey the big picture.
- Other Qualifications
- Understanding of Oracle's policies, standards, and governance teams preferred.
- Experience in risk assessment, risk management, and risk mitigation.
- Knowledge of industry security concepts / frameworks and regulatory standards such as ISO-27001, NIST, PCI, HIPAA, etc. is preferred.
- CISSP, GIAC or infrastructure / security architecture certifications are preferred.
Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs.
Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Maintains security systems for routers and switches. Administers security policies to control access to systems. Maintains the company's firewall. Uses applicable encryption methods. Provides information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Prefer 8 years relevant experience and BA/BS degree.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.