Oracle Public Cloud is experiencing significant growth resulting in rapid expansion of the underlying infrastructure to support that growth. Securing that infrastructure is critical. Oracle Cloud Operations plays a critical role in effectively and securely delivering best-of-breed cloud solutions to Oracle customers, spanning dozens of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS cloud products that generate more than 40 billion platform transactions per day.
We are looking for a Cloud Security Architect to help us push the boundaries of what can be accomplished in both current and next generation of Oracle cloud services. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in securely solving business problems, engaging with product development and other partner organizations to drive and integrate required solutions, and effectively communicating with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Provide leadership in evaluating & developing technology and process solutions to business problems, participate in recommending changes to controls and systems.
- Engage with key business stakeholders to understand requirements, perform business analysis, and architect / design security solutions.
- Support and consult with OPC partner teams (IT and security operations, corporate governance, product development, etc.) on deep technical security & risk considerations.
- Maintain a rigorous connection to evolving solutions within Oracle, among industry cloud providers, and within 3rd parties.
- Identify and vet new security solutions, driving design and integration requirements.
- Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in response to changing or ambiguous situations.
- Lead time sensitive projects involving multiple cross-functional teams and large scale security considerations, delivering consistently positive results.
- Evangelize current and future big picture security capabilities and controls, developing and communicating presentations internally and externally.
- Contribute to defining framework used by the organization to establish security principles and practices, participate on deep technical security reviews & risk mitigation.
- Stay current on and influence Oracle policies, processes and design patterns.
- Challenges and opportunities are plentiful in this role as you apply your knowledge in helping to secure the next generation of Oracle Cloud capabilities.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area with 10 years of related experience.
- Technical Qualifications:
- Deep technical knowledge & extensive security architecture / design experience.
- Deep knowledge across network / infrastructure / middleware / applications.
- Knowledge of technology methodologies - service oriented architecture (SOA), software & hardware development practices, operational practices, web services design, database design and data management, etc.
- Experience with Oracle's software / hardware / cloud products and services.
- Leadership & Soft Skill Qualifications
- Prior experience solving complex business problems with technology, including aspects unique to securing the cloud (provider / consumer perspective).
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills to establish and maintain internal and external partnerships globally, negotiating risk against other business factors.
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and multitasking capabilities.
- Outstanding proactive communication skills: written, verbal, presentations.
- Self-driven, analytical, and results oriented with proven sound judgment.
- Positive influence to lead through frequent ambiguity / uncertainty / change.
- Business savvy including the ability to see and convey the big picture.
- Other Qualifications
- Experience in risk assessment, risk management, and risk mitigation.
- Knowledge of industry security concepts / frameworks and regulatory standards such as ISO-27001, NIST, PCI, HIPAA, etc. is preferred.
- CISSP, GIAC or infrastructure / security architecture certifications are preferred.
Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs.
Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Maintains security systems for routers and switches. Administers security policies to control access to systems. Maintains the company's firewall. Uses applicable encryption methods. Provides information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information.
Provide leadership and expertise in evaluating and developing complex business problems, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing automated systems. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Eight or more years of related experience recommended.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.