Additional Location(s) or Information: Work location flexible: East Cost preferred, Bay Area, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta.
Job Category: Sales
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1023405
Who You'll Work With
Join an exciting, dynamic, and fast paced team focused on the newest solutions within Cisco's security portfolio. The Advanced Threat Solutions (ATS) Team of the Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO is hiring a Business Development Manager focused on our Cloud Business comprised of the OpenDNS and CloudLock acquisitions.
At Cisco, our strategy has empowered dozens of Global Service Providers (GSP's) and Managed Service Providers (MSP's) to capture the many growth opportunities. We have enabled service providers to transform the experience, transform the business and transform the architecture with cloud-based capabilities. We leverage our assets to solve our Service Providers' critical challenges. Do you want to be a part of this change?
The Cisco Advanced Threat Solutions team is looking for an experienced sales professional to join the team to grow our cloud security business.
What You'll Do
Role & Responsibilities
The Sales Business Development Manager for Cloud Security will be responsible for driving the future growth of the security business through a combination of strategy development and relationships. Critical to this role will be the advancement of Cisco's Cloud Security platforms including CloudLock, OpenDNS and Stealthwatch Cloud Edition.
The Business Development Manager - Cloud Security will be the central figure that can both translate a business or service concept from idea to launch, and target Global Service Providers (GSP's) and Managed Service Providers (MSP's). Be part of a team: help develop the sales strategy, provide the design, bring in your resources and help close the deal. Demonstrate your capabilities; stay current in both technology and business innovations. Bring Cisco's capabilities to the forefront, using your own brand and style.
• Establish strong consultant-like relationships with Cisco Managed Service Provider and Service Provider customer business leads
• "Evangelize" Cisco's value proposition to the GSP and MSP and SP customer and translate Cisco's Cloud Security products into innovative solution sets with developed and sound business cases that effectively persuade the MSP and SP to invest in these security products and services
• Manage effectively in a matrix environment across Cisco field organization resources (i.e., SP Marketing, Cisco Direct Sales) in a manner that ensures the Cisco based solution(s) receive proper investment focus for success
• Effectively manage multiple initiatives in various stages of development at the same time
Who You Are
• 10+ years in Networking or High-Technology Industries
• BA/BS required
• Strong understanding of the GSP and MSP markets
• Ability to manage complex sales situations and large projects
• Clear record of achievement working across cross functional teams
• Extremely articulate with strong presentation skills and comfortable presenting in front of senior level customer audiences and influence their decisions
• Strong understanding or be able to learn quickly the business and technical aspects and processes across multiple technologies in a GSP and MSP environment
• Excellent business acumen and financial skills to be able to effectively translate how investing in Cisco-based security services will help the GSP and MSP customer achieve their business objectives.
• Experience leading and managing work in strategy consulting, technical marketing, sales and business planning functional disciplines ideally as part of a high touch, customer-focused team or organization.
Why Cisco Security
Cisco Security delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during and after an attack.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Security
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.