Oracle Public Cloud is experiencing significant growth resulting in rapid expansion of the underlying infrastructure to support that growth. Securing that infrastructure is critical. Oracle Cloud Operations plays a critical role in effectively and securely delivering best-of-breed cloud solutions to Oracle customers, spanning dozens of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS cloud products that generate more than 40 billion platform transactions per day.
We are looking for an IT Security Program Manager to help us push the boundaries of what can be accomplished in both current and next generation of Oracle cloud services. The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing a set of projects and participation in both short and long term strategy planning. As a member of our highly collaborative and motivated team, you will work with business stakeholders, project managers, and technical staff to deliver effectively against commitments. Responsibilities
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand use cases, document requirements, and perform business analysis.
- Apply project management discipline to develop plans, define scope, document requirements, and manage budget/schedule/resources for a complex group of projects.
- Develop and manage short and long term program roadmaps, prioritizing based on business need and IT capability.
- Own establishing and managing multiple project deliverables, communicating project and program vision and ensuring IT resources are aligned properly.
- Utilize both agile and waterfall methodologies, driving technical and functional teams to complete critical path actions in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a high level of organization and planning while communicating with stakeholders to reach timelines and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Independently identify risks, manage corrective action plans when budget or schedule deviations occur, and escalate / communicate project health to senior leadership.
- Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in response to changing or ambiguous situations, directing changes through appropriate review and approval mechanisms.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Facilitate vendor selection process and manage vendor relationships.
- Actively partner with IT teams to ensure appropriate processes and templates are utilized for project and program success.
- Look for process definition and improvement opportunities and lead others in adhering to existing IT processes and contributing to their improvement.
Challenges and opportunities are plentiful in this role as you apply your knowledge in helping to secure the next generation of Oracle Cloud capabilities. Qualifications
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area with 10 years of related experience including 4 years with IT / security projects and 2 years with agile.
- Technical Qualifications
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office / Atlassian tools (JIRA / Confluence).
- Knowledge and application of business process analysis methodologies.
- Understanding of IT and IT life-cycle development principles.
- Understanding of applications development, database and data management, and infrastructure capabilities and constraints.
- Previous Network Operations, Business Analysis, Systems Administration and/or Software Development experience a plus
- PMI or SCRUM Master Certification preferred.
- Leadership & Soft Skill Qualifications
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and multitasking capabilities.
- Outstanding proactive communication skills: written, verbal, presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills to establish and maintain internal and external partnerships globally, negotiating risk against other business factors.
- Self-driven, analytical, and results oriented with proven sound judgment.
- Positive influence to lead through frequent ambiguity / uncertainty / change.
- Business savvy including the ability to see and convey the big picture.
- Other Qualifications
- Experience in risk assessment, risk management, and risk mitigation.
- Knowledge of industry security concepts / frameworks and regulatory standards such as ISO-27001, NIST, PCI, HIPAA, etc. is preferred.
- CISSP, GIAC or infrastructure / security architecture certifications are preferred
Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs.
Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Maintains security systems for routers and switches. Administers security policies to control access to systems. Maintains the company's firewall. Uses applicable encryption methods. Provides information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information.
Provide leadership and expertise in evaluating and developing complex business problems, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing automated systems. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Eight or more years of related experience recommended.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.