This role is located in the Research Triangle Park (RTP), NC Area
In this Commissioned technical sales lead role aligned with Intel's Data Center Group organization, you will be responsible for advising and influencing Intel's end user customers (Enterprise/Government, Cloud Service Providers, and Communication Service Providers), ISVs, OEMs, Storage and Network innovators, channel partners, and scale engines. Additionally, you will be responsible for understanding the business use case and technical merits of a solution, and co-owning relationships with customer/partner decision-makers to influence the customer's purchasing decision. You will work with all audiences to accelerate adoption of Intel-based platforms, and document gaps/provide feedback to solution, technology, product stakeholders, including: solution architects, vertical/horizontal business leaders, divisions and partners.
The ideal candidate must possess a deep knowledge of cloud and data center technologies, Intel server products, industry server platforms, ingredients within the platforms (memory, IO, storage, networking), and their relationship to cloud solutions for end-customer usage and benefit. They must be familiar with a broad range of current and emerging vertical and horizontal technologies and products and familiar with technology trends. Ability to apply ‘solution selling' methodology to optimize available resources for achieving sales goals including a solid understanding of the ecosystem. Ability to influence within the organization from technical individuals to CxO's. Ability to support an experienced Intel sales team and partner sales team, including skills in identifying and coordinating the right technical resources. Ability to develop and execute a solution sales plan leveraging Intel technologies and products (CPU and Portfolio Products) to maximize cloud business growth with Enterprise, Cloud and Communication Service Providers.
Must be familiar with fundamental business concepts and terminology in the cloud industry. Able to clearly formulate points of view on market direction, emerging technologies and their application in solving business challenges, and ability to influence customers strategically. Keen understanding of market and industry trends to influence the successful outcome for Intel. Experience in presentations in public forums to validate industry recognition as subject matter expert.
Daily activities will include providing direct technical assistance to field sales, customers and partners, interfacing with Sr. technical decision makers for Line of Business and Operational Technology Groups and representing customer market segment requirements back into the business unit for future product planning.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
- Drive design and revenue of qualified Cloud/Software-Defined Infrastructure Solution deal wins across multiple segments: Vertical Enterprise Customers, Cloud and Communication Service Providers, OEMs, emerging storage vendors, channel/SI's for pre-sales design in and influencing engagements.
- Act as a Regional Technical Sales Resource who will train the Intel field teams by delivering detailed product presentations, competitive analysis and platform solutions.
- Serve as an architectural resource to field teams with customers in winning key platform and solutions.
- Drive key product and platform requirements into Intel product teams as the voice of the customer and escalate key related issues through appropriate venues.
- Develop close relationships with related ecosystem ingredients and support (hardware and software) partners.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required, including the ability to effectively present in front of a large audience.
Additional Preferred Characteristics
- The candidate should have a BSEE/BSCE/BSCS or equivalent technical knowledge.
- 5 years of demonstrable experience in technical solutions sales.
- Experience selling Cloud Solutions - Public, Private, Hybrid. Knowledge of Software-Defined Infrastructure Solutions for Compute, Storage, Networking. Familiar with Automation and Orchestration technologies and tools, DevOps, PaaS, Containers/Microservices spanning Multiple Cloud Operating Environments (VMware, OpenStack, Microsoft, Public Cloud) and other open source initiatives (OpenDaylight, CEPH / distributed storage SW, SNAP / cloud telemetry tools etc.)
- Storage/Memory and Networking Technical expertise is a plus. End customers' project experience in SAS / SATA SSD, Fiber Channel, or PCIe storage components, RAID controllers, HBAs, Expanders, JBODs, SAN, NAS, AFA, Hyperconverged.
- Solid understanding of key HW and SW trends within data centers related to Virtualization/Software-Defined Data Center, Big Data Analytics, Database, Application Middleware, HPC, IOT, Machine Learning, Storage and Networking trends as well as General IT applications and Legacy IT. Knowledge and awareness of key security trends and issues also a plus.
- Experienced on specifying Compute, Storage, and Network hardware platforms based upon workload dimensioning, sizing and performance characterization
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are needed in order to prioritize tasks in a very interrupt driven environment including pipeline management.
- Good relationship building skills are necessary, including the ability to build a rapport and communicate effectively with all levels of Intel and the customer.
- Strongly position self and Intel as the trusted advisor in solving challenging technical and business problems.
- Candidate needs to be able to integrate technical, business, market and environmental conditions into a compelling solution that meets the needs of Intel and the customer.
- Candidate will need to be able to travel at >50% of the time.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.