Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking - a cloud-enabled world. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference. To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in a National Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services. The National Customer Success Team is looking for Azure Cloud Solution Architects to drive high priority customer initiatives on Azure in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field. This is a technical, customer facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud deployment experience in identified next-generation high potential cloud customers. This role will own the Azure technical customer engagement including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment. Key responsibilities include:
• Accelerate Azure consumption in next-gen high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise and support for Datacenter Transformation, Custom Applications, Data Estate Transformation (ML and AI), and Security/Compliance/Privacy.
• Drive the deployment of customer workloads into Azure and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers? cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
• Establish deep relationships with key ITDMs and BDMs, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company. Identify, validate and grow opportunities to accelerate consumption in next-gen high potential customer accounts, in partnership with the sales team, by driving solution architecture for both Microsoft and 3rd party solutions.
• Lead deployment of projects, creation of collateral, and training of sellers and partners in your area of specialization.
• Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights.
• Coach other technical sellers to become certified in required Azure technical certifications.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge: Deep technical expertise in at least one of the following:
1. Cloud Infrastructure (Systems Operations / Management, Virtualization, Networking, Storage, IT Security, Linux)
2. Cloud Data Services (Database Architecture, Big Data, Machine Learning, AI, Business Intelligence, Data Governance, No-SQL databases, Advanced Analytics, Data Mining, ETL)
3. Cloud Application Development (DevOps, AGILE, SCRUM and ALM with .NET, C++, Java, JSON, Node.js, PHP, Perl, Python)
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
• Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
• 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
• 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
• 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud
• Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company with cloud experience such as Amazon, SalesForce, VMware, Google, IBM, Avanade, T-Systems, Wipro, CSC, HP, Infosys, ServiceNow, Dell, TCS, Rackspace, Softlayer
• Travel is required: 30% - 50%
• Location is flexible but preference for NY, Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Seattle, Irvine/LA or near a Microsoft office
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.