SAP Cloud Solution Architect
One Commercial Partner Cloud Solution Architect
SAP: Are you ready to seize an opportunity to work with established and innovative enterprises in a long-term relationship? Are you ready to help develop new partner practices who are looking to grow their SAP practice into the Azure Cloud? Looking to work closely with top Line of Business and IT Executives in large Enterprises, to accelerate the achievement of business objectives through a roadmap of pragmatic technology adoption? Can you do this in a heterogeneous IT environment involving multiple platforms and technologies? Want to connect the solutions you envision to the business and measure impact to the bottom line of your customer? Interested in leveraging your abstract thinking skills and employing strong business and architectural skills to create innovative solutions for the largest organizations in the world?
Role Description: The One Commercial Partner Technical Team’s charter is to work with Microsoft’s System Integrators (GSIs/SIs/NSIs) partners globally, providing them with access to senior Microsoft architects to assist with their customer proposals and help develop market-ready solutions that will lead to increased win rate on Microsoft Platform. The role of the SAP Cloud Solution Architect is an exciting and challenging role which brings together the disciplines of relationship management with key partner technical decision makers, pre-sales solution selling and technical architecture. Working with Microsoft’s enterprise partners, the Partner Enterprise Architect is ultimately responsible for supporting and serving partner technical needs of hosting SAP workloads on Microsoft Azure platform. This includes supporting partner pre-sale technical responses, guiding partner technical architects in solution development and selling. The team supports most of the Microsoft platform although there is a special focus on Application Platform, BI & DW, Big Data, Private Cloud, Azure (including SAP on Azure).
• The SAP Architect is accountable for:
• Driving the SAP on Azure revenue pull through with partners
• Subject Matter Expert for running SAP workloads on Azure and support partner technical needs.
• Develops, reviews and supports partner pre-sales proposals.
• Develops and reviews technical architecture, and solution design for partner-led solution development.
• Ensures that solution will exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment.
• Collaborates with Microsoft Application Platform and Microsoft Infrastructure Architects in developing complex end to solution for Enterprise scale solutions on Microsoft Azure platform.
• Defines highly complex technology-based business solutions.
• Provides thought leadership regarding application design, architecture, and integration.
• Mentors partner pre-sales and delivery teams in the appropriate use of technology.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
A strong candidate will possess as many of the following skills and experiences as possible:
- 10+ years enterprise technology pre-sales or consulting experience with deep expertise on SAP Netweaver platform with at least one year of architecting SAP solutions on Cloud (Public/Private).
- Subject matter expert in SAP with strong BASIS skills i.e. SAP landscape sizing, deployment, transport management, optimizing features, user experience, data integrity, system performance.
- Good understanding of SAP BW deployment, HANA technologies, SUSE and Redhat Linux.
- Demonstrated ability to size SAP landscape deployments, monitoring and management of these environments.
- Able to articulate value proposition of MS technologies over competing solutions (like AWS, VirtuStream, Hana Enterprise Cloud etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills are required.
- Understanding of Bid Management, Pipeline Management and Proposal Response delivery
- Ability to deliver quick POC and demos using SAP Netweaver and HANA platform.
- Candidate must possess exceptional demonstrated decision-making, conflict resolution, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Good written communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5 years cloud solutions experience
• Should have experience of some/more of the below in AWS environment but certainly in a private cloud environment (on premises)
• Installation of SAP systems based on SAP NetWeaver for all supported database and operating system combinations
• Installation and configuration of security components for SAP system landscape
• System Administration and Maintenance for SAP NetWeaver (e.g. Monitoring, Backup, Restore etc.)
• Installation and Configuration of NetWeaver Foundation Components:
o UI technologies in SAP NetWeaver
o SAP NetWeaver - Business Warehouse
o SAP NetWeaver - Composition Environment
o SAP NetWeaver Mobile
o SAP NetWeaver Portal
o SAP NetWeaver - Process Integration
• Installation, integration and configuration of SAP HANA, S/4 HANA, SAP Business Suite and SAP BW
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.