Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking - a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations.
Joining Microsoft as the Cloud Chief Architect for the Federal Customer Success Unit, you will be one of the leading voices of how technology, business and societal opportunities fuel together the current fundamental transformation in your country, with customers, with society and Microsoft. You will be a role model and leading expert on digital transformation for our Federal customers, leveraging cross-cloud knowledge in Azure, Office 365 and Dynamics, with a profound skill set on how customers manage their risk and how to address it, a proven track record how to inspire senior executives of customers and government decision makers with a compelling technical vision - leading to an acceleration of the business transformation of Microsoft and the market industries.
In this role you will need to be a great people coach and technical leader, need to thrive in complex and ambiguous situations, have a challenger mentality combined with a long term view and a comprehensive understanding in contemporary developments of businesses, organizational models, technology developments and societal implications and the interaction of it.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
The Impact You’ll Be Making:
This role will own the cross-cloud (Azure, Office 365, and Dynamics) strategy for the Federal Customer Success Unit. The ideal candidate will have many years of experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud strategy, consumption and deployment.
Key role responsibility areas include:
As a Transformational Leader –
• Role Model of Microsoft’s new vision and culture
• Drive strategy, consumption and deployment of customer workloads into Azure, Office 365 and Dynamics and increase their consumption of the platforms with a deep understanding of cross-cloud adoption models, providing deployment guidance and appropriate recommendations to overcome common consumption blockers
• Inspire sales teams, peers, customers and partners to drive digital transformation
• Accelerate industry selling experience to drive growth and digital transformation
As a Technology Thought Leader –
• Clear DT articulation to government decision makers and partners
• Develop with industry leads a DT technical strategy for their market
• Build an external influence network, supporting Microsoft’s DT strategy With deep Customer and Market Acumen
• Role model to drive industry expertise internally
• Contribute to industry direction externally
• Identify, validate and grow big bet opportunities that will exponentially accelerate consumption in next-gen high potential customer accounts, in partnership with the sales team, by driving solution architecture for both Microsoft and 3rd party solutions
• Recognized technical expert in government requirements and policies impacting Microsoft, partners and customers
• Be an established and sought after thought leader and spokesperson for the Microsoft cloud and digital transformation vision
As an Innovator –
• Role model and inspires a growth environment
• Stays at the leading edge how technology impacts business and society
• Drive a culture of proactive, inside-out learning desire across all teams you work with
• Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights
As a Trust Leader –
• Understands how customers evaluate risks and what is needed to help them through their transformation
• You are deeply familiar with Microsoft’s products and cloud services compliancy processes and capabilities and how to position it to customers and train partners
Who we’re looking for? Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• 5+ years of experience in Cloud or BA degree
• An effective approach to learning: What, how, when and the way it shapes personal abilities
• A deep understanding of the impact of cloud computing technology and how it drives the current worldwide digital transformation in government and society
• A solid understanding and ability to articulate Microsoft’s business strategy, business model and technological vision
• Competence in risk management and compliancy processes
• A good understanding of the tech policy environment and how it impacts customers in their transformation
• Ability to deal with complexity and many unknowns in a decision process
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
• Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
• 15+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
• 15+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
• 5+ years of experience in ‘migrating’ on premise workloads to the cloud
• Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Software design or development, Application Design, Systems Operations / Management, Database architecture, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security, Linux
• Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as SalesForce, Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Avanade, T-Systems, Wipro, CSC, HP, Infosys, ServiceNow, Dell, TCS, Rackspace, Softlayer
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.