One Commercial Partner - Azure Cloud Solution Architect
Cloud Computing is the next step toward ubiquitous and pervasive computing and Microsoft Azure is Microsoft’s world-class cloud computing platform. It can be used to build, host, and scale a variety of cloud-based applications and workloads and is an open platform enabling hosting of Windows and Linux virtual machines while also supporting modern programming languages such as .NET, Java, Node.js, and PHP. Join the One Commercial Partner team (OCP) technical team as an Azure Cloud Solutions Architect (CSA) and be front and center in the transformation to cloud-based architectures while at the same time playing an influential role in transforming Microsoft to a mobile first, cloud first company.
As a Cloud Solutions Architect, your primary responsibility will be to ensure our ecosystem partners (Independent Software Vendors, System Integrators, Managed Service Providers, Channel Partners) are successful with Azure and to help them move their and their customer’s workloads to the Cloud. The CSA is a highly technical partner-facing role accountable for the end-to-end cloud technical architecture and solution deployment experience. In this role, you will own technical partner engagement leading Envisioning Sessions, Architecture Design Sessions (ADS), implementation projects, hackfest, and Proofs of Concept (POC).
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer and partner-facing roles and have demonstrated success leading technical and economic value discussions with senior executives to drive key decisions and implementation. Candidates need to possess the ability to impact and influence customers and partners with a high degree of autonomy, energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, and the drive to create real and measurable business results as evidenced by deploying qualified Cloud partner solutions in Microsoft Azure.
The Cloud Solution Architect is responsible for:
• Maintaining 400 Level depth in Cloud Application Development and understanding current market trends and competitive insights
• Serving as a trusted advisor to top ecosystem (ISV, SI, MSP, and Channel) partners
• Developing Azure technical readiness plans for portfolio partners for Cloud Application Development practices
• Executing rapid technical feasibility studies for moving identified workloads to Azure
• Building technical and security architectures in Azure for identified workloads
• Selecting a migration approach to move workloads to Azure or architecting a greenfield development or production platform for new applications
• Executing Architecture Design Sessions (ADS) or Proofs of Concept (POC) Workshops
• Driving onboarding plans in conjunction with integration partners
• Documenting and sharing technical best practices and insights with Microsoft product groups and the OCP and Microsoft field Cloud Solution Architect community
• Ensuring partner technical plan execution and Azure consumption targets are met
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies (including open source), business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Significant depth of technical experience in a number of the following Azure services and technologies: Cloud Services and Micro Services Patterns, Azure Search, Redis Cache, Application Insights, Visual Studio Team Services, Service Bus, CDN, Media Services, API Management, Azure App Service, Mobile Engagement, Mobile Services, Notification Hubs, Java, PHP, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Service Fabric, Container Orchestrators (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, DC/OS).
• Partner experience and understanding of partner business drivers and business models plus demonstrated skill building deep technical relationships with executives and technical leads within customer or partner organizations
• Able to set and lead the technical vision while balancing business drivers and imperatives to help partners build profitable Azure/cloud businesses
• Ability to build technical and business credibility with senior executives and grow mind share with highly strategic customers and partners
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and collaboration abilities in addition to technical depth
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related degree preferred
• 5+ year’s design, implementation and/or support of highly distributed applications demonstrating strong architectural skills to ensure availability, reliability, etc.
• 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
• Development experience leveraging Agile with SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following environments: .NET, SQL, C#, C++, Java, Pig/Hive
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both small and large audiences
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic changing environment
• Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
• Demonstrate technical thought leadership in customer-facing situations
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.