Cloud Solution Architect - Azure Infrastructure - Atlanta, GA
Joining the Microsoft Team Means
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places, they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking - a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation.
Together we make a difference. Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services. We are looking for a Cloud Solution Architect Azure Infrastructure to drive high priority customer initiatives on Azure Infrastructure in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field. This is a technical, customer facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud deployment experience on infrastructure workloads.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
This role will own the Azure technical customer engagement including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical infrastructure architecture discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment.
Key responsibilities of the Cloud Solution Architect include:
• Drive the deployment of infrastructure workloads into Azure and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers
• cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
• Establish deep relationships with key ITDMs and BDMs, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company. Identify, validate and grow opportunities to accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts, in partnership with the sales team, by driving solution architecture for both Microsoft and 3rd party solutions.
• Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise and support in the infrastructure-related workloads.
• Lead deployment of projects, creation of collateral, and training of sellers and partners in your area of specialization. Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights.
• Coach other technical sellers to become certified in required Azure technical certifications.
Who we’re looking for
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• Deep understanding of cloud infrastructure technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
• Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
• 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
• 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
• 5+ years of technical sales experience
• 2+ years of experience in migrating on premise workloads to the cloud
• Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Systems Operations / Management, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, HPC, IT Security, Linux
• Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as SalesForce, Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Avanade, T-Systems, Wipro, CSC, HP, Infosys, ServiceNow, Dell, TCS, Rackspace, Softlayer. No relocation is available for this role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status. At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.