Cloud Solution Architect
Job Description: Industry Cloud Solution Architect Microsoft’s federal government sector Industry Ecosystem team has a requirement for an Industry Cloud Solution Architect (I-CSA) to focus on the long-term growth of Microsoft’s cloud computing business in the federal government. An I-CSA possesses deep industry solution expertise and drives high priority customer initiatives in collaboration with the Industry Ecosystem team, WW Industry team and Microsoft field.
The I-CSA is a solution, technical, and ISV/customer facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud deployment experience. I-CSAs own the technical aspects of customer engagement including business and solution architecture around Azure and third-party ISV workloads. They also facilitate architectural design sessions and manage specific implementation programs with corresponding plans to close the business in concert with an Industry Principal Solution Specialist (I-PSS).
The ideal candidate will have long experience in customer facing roles and success with target industry customers leading business process, architecture, and design discussions with customer executives to drive deployment of industry specific, Azure-resident solutions.
The I-CSA will increase consumption of Microsoft Azure solutions by providing third party ISVs and managed services providers (i.e. MSPs, typically systems integrators offering their own or ISV applications) deployment guidance and supporting development of the application owner’s use of advanced Azure features.
The I-CSA will develop deep relationships with the application architects and development teams in key ISV or Managed Service Providers to understand application requirements and market fit.
The I-CSA will keep up to date with market trends in the federal government market, generating competitive and regulatory/compliance insights. In practice, the I-CSA will help application owners achieve FedRAMP compliance for their applications while working with a Partner Development Manager and Enterprise Channel Manager to help bring the ISV solutions to market via resellers on the CIO-CS, NASA SEWP and GSA Schedule 70 Cloud SIN vehicles.
To be successful, the I-CSA will need a deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers and emerging computing trends in the federal market.
• The I-CSA should have 5+ years of experience designing, implementing or deploying complex, mission-critical applications in the federal government market.
• Examples of mission-critical applications include predictive maintenance, product lifecycle management, federal financial management, among others.
• The candidate must have strong written and oral communications skills as well as a proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior SI, ISV and end customer executives.
• The I-CSA should have exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well as working knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages/frameworks: .Net, C++, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive.
• Knowledge of the “R” language is preferred.
• A technical undergraduate college degree is highly desired, and a Master’s Degree in Business or IT-related field is preferred.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.