The Oracle Cloud Solution Specialist (PaaS) is an Oracle Public Cloud ("OPC") subject matter expert ("SME") and technical and business architect, overlaying NA sales to drive revenue capture for OPC.
• Training and certification to acquire and maintain role at OPC Enterprise Cloud Architect SME
• Advise C-level contacts and their IT teams on public cloud and enable them to transform their current IT landscape (Apps to disk) by mapping how Oracle's Public Cloud services will create business and IT value
• Produce and present future state cloud architectures including logical diagrams, Bill of Materials, solution descriptions and business case to customer executive team(s)
• Be able to structure and lead customer facing events required to facilitate cloud consumption, via use case development, such as hackathons, developer workshops etc.
• Conduct technical workshops and education sessions
• Conduct Technical Discovery sessions gathering current state information, challenges, business objectives and key business drivers
• Build and deliver technical service demos including use of scripting/API based provisioning, automation and orchestration and solutions leveraging multiple integrated services
• Produce Proof of Concept definition and documentation
• Manage customer technical due diligence and risk management processes
• Assist sales teams in responses to RFPs and technical requirements documents
• On the basis of the future state architecture developed, should be able to price out the proposal and show some-level of cost-benefit analysis
• Fulfill routine administrative tasks (e.g. weekly time reporting, weekly account and opportunity reporting )
• Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
• Deep understanding of cloud architecture principles including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, SDLC environments, multi-tenancy, security, monitoring and management, multi-tiered infrastructure, databases, integration, mobile and application servers, etc.
• Experience implementing hybrid cloud strategies using the public cloud e.g. OPC, AWS, Azure, etc.
• System implementation experience with cloud consulting and integration companies such Accenture, Deloitte, Infosys, Wipro, etc.
• Excellent and clear communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain complex concepts in simpler language.
• Experience with public cloud implementations - AWS, Azure, SoftLayer, GCE, Rackspace, Oracle
• Excellent understanding of both monolithic/legacy application architectures as well as modern cloud native application architectures
• Understanding of SOA, ROA, microservices and RESTful architectures
• Experience with code based deployment, calling APIs, JSON scripting
• Experience with DevOps principles and tools (CI, CD, Git, Jenkins, Chef, etc.)
• Experience with emerging cloud technologies (OpenStack, Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes)
• A good understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved with running workloads in the public cloud
• Architectural and development experience of Web Services
• Principals of network, application and information security
• Be able to understand and articulate customer cloud billings, chargeback/showback related topics as relates to cloud consumption, orchestration of assets/services and diverse organizational hierarchies
• Industry knowledge of Financial Services, Oil and Gas/Utilities, CPG, Retail, Communications and Healthcare etc. a plus
• Knowledge of regulatory compliance e.g. PCI, HIPAA, PII, GxP, FedRamp, etc. a plus
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.