The Cloud Solution Specialist will also participate in the delivery of product and best practice educational sessions to existing customers and the broader Platform as a Service Market (External and Internal). Responsibilities:
- Advise CIO/CTO level contacts and their IT teams as they look to move their business to a public cloud architecture
- Present Oracle Corporation 's technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with company's hosting infrastructure, security and integration capabilities
- Understand the customer need and establish company's product as the best solution that addresses the technical and business requirements
- Build and present customized assets using the declarative and programmatic capabilities of the Oracle Public Cloud PaaS/IaaS platform
- Conduct technical workshops and education sessions
- Manage customer technical due diligence and risk management processes
- Work closely with other elements of the Oracle Corporation organization, e.g. alliances, sales effectiveness, product marketing, etc. to develop and execute internal and external programs and initiatives
- Assist sales teams in responses to RFPs and technical requirements documents
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
- A thorough background implementing hybrid cloud strategies for existing customers that leverage the public cloud e.g Amazon Web Service, Azure etc.
- Excellent and clear communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts in simpler language.
- A good understanding of the architectural principals of cloud based platforms that include SaaS, PaaS and IaaS components. Specifically multi-tenancy, concurrency, security, management, multi-tiered infrastructure, databases, integration, mobile and application servers etc. (we are not designing them but must be knowledgeable of the platform(s)
- Understanding of all cloud offerings in the market and ability to discuss cloud architectures
- A good understanding of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments and an understanding of integration considerations such as process orchestration, customer data integration and master data management.
- A good understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier, multi-tenant web applications
- Architectural and development experience of Web Services
- Principals of network, application and information security
- Industry knowledge of Financial Services, Communications and Healthcare etc a plus
- Previous Cloud experience with IBM, Microsoft, Salesforce, Amazon, Oracle
- Previous Infrastructure software/service companies such as Big 4 / Big Deloitte, Accenture, Cloud Sherpas etc.
All candidates must be legally entitled to work in the US and travel as needed
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.