Solutions architects (SAs) will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership to our customers. Oracle solution architects build architectures & provide prescriptive guidance across compute, network, storage, operating systems, virtualization, Oracle RDBMS & NoSQL databases, Hadoop, mid-tier technologies that include application integration, in-memory caches, and security.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the following:
- Helping our customers to design and create cloud computing architectures
- Deep-dive technical discussions around design and architecture to solve customer problems while maintaining a pulse on industry trends
- Make customer beta or proof of concepts successful, and help them to adopt Oracle cloud platform
- Desire and ability to write blog or whitepaper content on relevant technical subjects
- Be an Oracle cloud evangelist. Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Oracle cloud services.
- Launch new services or features by working closely with engineering, marketing, and sales organizations to maximize product adoption
- Collaborate with Oracle field sales, pre-sales, and technology partners to help customers learn and use Oracle IaaS services.
- Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
- Support short on-site projects proving the use of Oracle services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services.
- Work with service owners to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5 or more years of solution engineering or technical pre-sales experience or IT profession services
- Strong customer engagement skills. Help customers on the solution architecture, articulating trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation.
- Analyze, design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications.
- Good understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Expertise in implementing Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP stacks either in the private or public clouds.
- Establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
- Present sessions at Oracle and industry conferences.
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred; MS degree desired
- Knowledge of other public cloud services (AWS, Azure, or GCE)
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.