The candidate will be expected to assist or lead in the following areas:
· Cloud Development: Ability to build and test Cloud Apps for new and existing backend services to help facilitate development team migrations. The ability to self-learn new technologies as needed for the cloud development work.
Possess Strong Cloud Implementation Experience in Cloud Application Development, compute/storage services. Develop solutions for multi-datacenter/multi-zone based design requirements. Ability to implement solutions utilizing best practices for resiliency, scalability, resource utilization identification methodologies.
· Utility Services & Reusable Asset Library: Build and document components, code or other assets that can be leveraged by project teams. Includes value-added infrastructure services that are non-BU specific and might otherwise be redundantly developed and maintained by each area.
· External Platform Integration: Ability to Integrate Cloud development work with multiple business partners which includes: 1) Integrating in B2B/B2C scenarios, 2) with external Cloud platforms and 3) Providing/Consuming SOAP web services or RESTful (Web API) services to/with partners
· Cross-BU Collaboration & Knowledge Management: assist in the creation and maintenance of an Enterprise Cloud development community and body of knowledge (BOK) at Prudential.
· Prudential Cloud Development Expertise: Provide cloud integration development support to the business unit and corporate function development teams. This will include an understanding of Prudential’s cloud infrastructure capabilities and services related to the business unit domain(s).
· Standards, Best Practices and Patterns: Understand and follow proven practices that facilitate optimal leveraging of cloud technology and facilitate cloud integration goals for business units. Includes understanding common cloud development patterns, naming guidelines for ongoing business consulting engagements.
· Problem and Incident Resolution Consulting: assist Lines of business and GBTS service provider in resolving problems and incidents as needed. Level-3 support for complex problems